Passenger Lists

Old Dec 20th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Lists

Yesterday I went to meet someone off a Continental Airlines flight in Houston George Bush airport. They did not arrive on the flight they had told me. I asked for Continental Airlines Information desk and was told to ask any check-in staff. They told me they could not tell me if the passenger was on the flight or not, only if the flight had arrived. I phoned the person's mobile phone, no answer. I had no idea what to do next. Has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? How do you find out if someone is actually on the flight or has missed it for all kinds of reasons?
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 07:27 AM

I really don't know the reason, but I assume it's done for the passenger's safety. The airlines are just trying to protect themselves from any liability if something were to go wrong. What if you were a stalker? An ex-spouse with an ax to grind?, etc...

It should be the passenger's responsibility to notify the waiting family/friends, not the airlines.

That said, I did talk an AA employess in San Jose, Costa Rica into at least telling me if my friend was not on a flight. After some reluctance, she did tell me that my friend was not on that flight. I believe if my friend was on that flight, she would not have told me if she was/wasn't.
Old Dec 20th, 2006, 08:26 AM

That is standard procedure.

Anyways, does this person know you're coming? And where have you planned to "meet" this person? There are so many ways to get out of IAH when flying in on Continental!
Old Dec 21st, 2006, 10:03 AM

Yes, this is a standard - not to disclose passengers' names.

I tried to find out if my son made the connection, had a copy of his reservation even with the seat number: "sorry, we cannot answer your question". He was adult already, over 18.
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 06:13 AM

I had no problem finding out if my DH was on a Swiss flight from ZRH to ORD. I had waited and waited for him, and he didn't appear. Could not call him on cell phone as he was in the customs/immigration area and NO PHONEs are allowed.

I asked Swiss, gave them his name, and they said yes, he was on the plane.

Long story short, some bags had been taken to Swiss cargo and passengers had to wait a long time for them to be delivered to regular baggage claim area. He finally showed up, none the worse for wear!
Old Dec 22nd, 2006, 01:12 PM

Simpson, they told you AFTER the flight landed, not while in the air. This is what Gertie is saying too.