DL FF Mileage Ticket Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used miles to get R/T First/Business class tickets IAD-ATL-LIM. Since the purchase, the flights have changed several times, but no real problems with schedules or class until today. I now see that our return segment ATL-IAD has us on a flight operated by Atlantic Southeast and shows the class as Coach rather than First as it was originally.

I'm going to call Delta - but first, I wanted to get some insight from experts who may have faced similar situations and what they did about it.

Any thoughts/suggestions are welcome.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:11 AM

Some of DL's flights between ATL and IAD will be operated by their commuter airline partner, Atl SE, an regional jets. They do not offer F on these flights.

ATL-IAD is a relatively short flight, so it may not be that big a deal for you. If you really wanted to fly in F from Atlanta, you could wait a couple of hours for the next DL-operated flight.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response rizzuto.

I appreciate that it's not a long flight, and normally I could care less, but since we used miles for first class tickets, I wanted to see what recourse I might have. As noted above, I'll be calling Delta, but wanted to first see if anyone else had had a similar issue in the past.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 08:50 AM

You can't force DL to put a plane with FC for your flight. But in general, you can switch to another flight with FC, switch to another flight to DCA (or even BWI) with FC, or refund your tickets. But your mileage is based on the class you take on the longhaul. They won't refund you any miles in general, though maybe if you're lucky and get a super nice supervisor.

I'd also use the online chat, instead of calling DL.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Rkkwan - not trying to force DL to put a plane with FC for my flight. The original flight I picked had FC; the next two flights they changed me to had FC; this last change does not have FC.

Thanks for the tip on the DL chat - I would prefer to use that when I contact DL to ask them about my options.
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 05:29 AM

It is no big deal; as long as you got the requested First/bus class for the long haul segments. Be happy that you were able to get an itinerary that works for you on free/FF tix. This situation happens to us frequently on a "Delta Partner feeder" flight that uses the CRJ smaller commuter jets to ATL, all one class.
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM

This isn't a big deal - it's very likely that your itinerary change was processed by a computer, which put you on the the closest available flight time-wise. Simply call Delta and request that they find you a FC flight, and if it suits your schedule, and there are seats available, they'll make the change for you.
Old Nov 25th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses; appreciate the feedback.