Delta Sky Miles 'not loading returns?'

Sep 22nd, 2005, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Delta Sky Miles 'not loading returns?'

I was feeling very good about booking our outbound, 2 coach and 2 FC) from BDL to HNL. I was over on www.flyertalk.com and someone posted a message saying that they too have booked their outbound for Hawaii but are waitlisted for the return. If the waitlist isn't satisfied, not trip to Hawaii and $50 to redeposit miles. The issue a couple of people have said, is not that the seats are getting snapped up but that they aren't being loaded in the first place. Has anyone heard of the skysavers not being loaded?
Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:58 AM

There's never any guarantee a flight will have any Skysaver seat available. So, it's definitely possible that you'll never find one. Or they may make ONE seat available.

Happens on all airlines, except Southwest.
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:48 AM

Actually beginning Feb 10,2006, Southwest will impose restrictions on seat availability.But there will be no blackouts.
Sep 22nd, 2005, 08:53 AM

rkkwan,
Southwest may be headed in the same direction as they recently announced their plan to introduce capacity controls on award inventory starting next Feb.

DawnCt,
I've never attempted to book any awards at the 331 day mark due to the fact that I can't plan that far in advance, but I also wouldn't expect that award seats would be loaded on every single DL or partner operated flight at that time. My understanding is that's just the first day you can start checking award availability and put a reservation on hold, not that there's a guarantee that there will be Skysaver seats on the flight(s) you want.

Have you tried getting seats on NW or CO?
Sep 22nd, 2005, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

For a big trip such as Hawaii, we are able to plan that far ahead. In the past, I have found it most difficult to get an outbound and I do the 331 days ahead "thing". There is no availability on the partners for the outbound and I wouldn't expect my returns to be in yet, I will start checking next week. I think that I am getting concerned because of the Chapter 11 situation and the newly announced 9K layoffs. We have an odd routing to get to HNL but its certainly do-able. I just need to know we can get home. I have emailed them. We will see if there is anyone left there to reply.