Delta Rebate on 2nd bag charge

Jul 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Delta Rebate on 2nd bag charge

FYI, don't know if this has been posted but Delta has finally come to its senses and is offering a rebate to anyone they charged for a 2nd bag who had bought their tickets prior to announced policy change on April 9 for travel after May 5.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...form/index.jsp
Jul 5th, 2008, 03:22 PM

Just applied for my refund--thanks. I bought my ticket in February and paid the fee in June. Supposedly I will receive my refund within 60 days.
Jul 7th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Thanks. I am flying in a few weeks but bought the tickets last October, so I am bookmarking this site in case we get charged.
Jul 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM

Thank you so much for posting this; I had no idea there would be a loophole for me to wriggle through.

You have helped me.
Jul 18th, 2008, 07:32 AM

Just received a letter from "Passenger Refunds" dated 7/14/2008. They claim they have received my request for a refund of my ticket (not what I was requesting, as I used the ticket) and that they need "the EBC receipt, copy of the ticket, or date and place of issue." Letter has no contact information except a P.O. Box.

Fortunately, I am an anal-retentive filer, so I have this documentation. Sending it in to hope I can get my $25. Update to come.