Reload this Page >

Delta Partner to Sydney?

Search

Delta Partner to Sydney?

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Steve

Delta Partner to Sydney?

I know Delta does not fly to Australia, but do any of the partner airlines? I've got 200K miles on Delta and going Down Under next spring and would like to use those miles. Ideas?<BR>steve

Old May 28th, 2002, 08:25 AM
hello

Go to Delta.com and look.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:15 PM
No

Their Asian partner is Korean Air, so maybe you'll need to fly through Seoul to get down under. The rest of the SkyTeam only recently re-started codesharing w/ KAL, since apparently their safety record has improved.

Old May 29th, 2002, 02:16 PM
No

Oh yeah, and it may be hard to get seats to/from Seoul during the Soccer World Cup...

Old Jun 2nd, 2002, 07:13 PM
michaelg

First and foremost, where are you flying from? If you are departing from the U.S., Korean Air would be the best as far as mileage redemption from DL. If you are departing from Europe, then take Air France to SYD and redeem miles from DL..

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Rex

Just flew with Singapore Airlines to Sydney using a Delta reward. This would be your BEST choice. Secondly, Malaysia Airlines is a Delta partner also and I would check them out. These 2 airlines are ranked among the top in the world.

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 03:20 AM
Christina

I called Delta months ago about this very thing. I believe they told me I would have to fly with 2 different partner airlines, one of which was Korean air. <BR><BR>I also think it was going to take way longer than if we just went United and flew through LA.<BR><BR>Anyways, the end result is we used our Delta Skymiles, on United, to fly to LA from Florida. Then we bought our ticket from LA to New Zealand & OZ. <BR><BR>Good Luck!