Delta, Atlanta-London

Search

Delta, Atlanta-London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delta, Atlanta-London

My wife and I are flying into London next week on our way to go to this conference in South Africa. On the Delta website it doesnt say too much about this flight. Does anyone know about the in flight entertainment? Like is there a personal tv in the headrest in front of you? Deltas website just said that some of there planes do and some dont. We are on the 767 300. I know that my wife will sleep the entire 8 hours and i will be wide awake so was just looking to see what could keep me entertained for that time. The flight from London to Johannesburg looks good, but that flight home to Atlanta from JNB looks like a horrible 18 hours! Thanks for your help. Jeffrey
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 05:53 AM

I believe I have read on this site that only Delta's 777's have the seat back entertainment, assuming you are flying Economy. Also, you will need $5.00 for drinks.

I recently did the JNB to Atlanta flight on South Africian Airways. Seatback entertainment and you can pause the movie when you go to the restroom. Free wine in coach. But only 31" of legroom so it is very tight. Food was good. You can't leave the plane or go to the bathroom at SOL island for refueling so plan ahead. You should bring a sweater because the cabin gets hot and cold.

Old Mar 17th, 2005, 06:04 AM

That's right. No personal video screen on DL's 767-300.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 06:07 AM

If you ever need to check the amenities offered on most major airlines (such as inseat personal video, power plugs in the seats, seat pitch, etc...) checkout:

<b>www.seatguru.com</b>

also

<b>www.seatexpert.com</b>, not as good as the first one but it does have few airlines/airplanes that the first option does not.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 07:36 AM

And if it's some obscure airline not listed in either seatguru or seatexpert, you can go to airliners.net and search for photos of that particular airline's equipment, in the &quot;cabin view&quot; category.

There are surprises there sometimes, like a Russian regional jet with seatback video screens.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help! I had looked at the airliners site awhile back and it was cool to see the cabin views! I had heard that the JNB to ATL was the longest flight operating right now, is that still correct? We just came back from Thailand and that flight was bad enough, i am not sure how i will do on this one! Its hard to look over and see your wife sleeping the hours away while i am wired and cant sleep for nothing!
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 12:48 PM

JNB-ATL/JFK are all one-stop service now, both ways, with a fuel stop at Sal, Cape Verde Island.

They did fly ATL-&gt;JNB non-stop one-way a while ago, but no longer.

Currently, longest non-stops are SIN-EWR &amp; SIN-LAX on SQ's 340-500, followed by CX's HKG-JFK and CO's EWR-HKG. Thai's upcoming BKK-JFK will be third longest, displacing CX's.