delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will arrive at Atlanta from Dallas at 6:00 pm, depart on Virgin Atlantic for London at 7:30 pm on Saturday, if everything is on time. What is the distance or time it will take to get from arrival to departure terminal? I looked at the concourse map, but couldn't figure it out. Thanks.
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 06:48 AM

The airport website says there is a 15-minute shuttle between domestic and international terminals. It's straightforward. I assume your bags will be checked through (based on the mention of Delta in your headline.) I also assume there will be security procedures in the international terminal, particularly for a trans-Atlantic flight. 90 minutes is not unreasonable, but don't dwadle and stay out of the duty-free until you are near your departure gate. You are expected to be in your seat well in advance of the published departure time.
Your return trip will be more complicated, going through immigration security and customs processes. Pay attention to the suggested time for arriving at your departure airport as security in London can be time-consuming.
You might consider phoning Delta or Virgin for whatever assurance you need.
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 03:49 PM

You have plenty of time. Even if you end up arriving at the far end of concourse A and have to go the far end of concourse F, I don't think it would take more than 20 minutes or so.

The Plane Train connects all of the concourses quickly and easily. You can arrive at pretty much any concourse, but will likely leave from either E or F. The connection is as easy as walking to the middle of the concourse, going downstairs to the train and taking the train to your next terminal.

You should have enough time to get something to eat - the airport actually has some decent options.
Old Sep 7th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Original Poster

travelgourmet-Thank you for your response. I think that is exactly what I needed and was hoping to hear.
Old Sep 9th, 2017, 03:21 AM

Note that you will not have to get and recheck your bags. And you will not go through security as all concourses are inside one huge security zone.

Forget about the word "terminal." That doesn't apply to connecting passengers. You only need to change from one "concourse" to another (concourses are named T, A, B, C, D, E and F). [I wish that airport would change their terminology as it is perennially confusing.]