Reload this Page >

Continental to Europe

Search

Continental to Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Felix

Continental to Europe

Hi, I got an ABSOLUTLEY incredible fare on Continental to Germany. How are they on the long haul? I am used to flying European airlines to Europe like Virgin. How does coach stack up on domestic airlines, espcially Continental? Thanks!

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:08 AM
Gina

We use Continental to Europe very often and are very happy with seats, service, movies, and food is decent too as comparing to Alitalia or British. Most Eropean flights are on 777. We are flying to Paris in two weeks on Continental again. Never flown to Germany

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:11 AM
alex

Have flown them several times to Europe and at least once a month domestically. I have to admit, they do a better job than most of their US competitors.<BR><BR>When others cut back on meals, etc., after 9/11, they didn't. Altough, in coach I've found their seats are a bit closer together than say American.<BR><BR>One note, unlike many of the European carriers, they don't fly 747s. That means that the seating configuration may be different than you would see on Air France or Virgin. <BR><BR>I believe they fly a 767 to Frankfurt (at least they did when I went), not a 777 as Gina indicated. If so, the seating configuration is 2-3-2.

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:11 AM
jj

We flew on Continental from Newark to Rome last summer (777 or 767?), and it was okay. It was a 2-5-2 configuration and the 5 of us were in the middle five seats -- kind of cramped. No individual TV screens on this plane, which is something I really like having. The food was just okay. This year we're flying Philly to Paris on U.S. Airways. I like them domestically; don't know about international. Our British Airways flight from Charlotte to Gatwick was better than Continental, though.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Kim

My husband & I flew on one of their DC-10's to Europe a couple years ago for our honeymoon and it was great. Good service, regular drink service, etc. I fly them very frequently and I know they're phasing out the DC-10's and replacing them with 767's or 777's which have the individual tv screens at every seat. I have also flown Air France & United to Europe and I liked Continental better. Just my opinion.

Old May 9th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Felix

Thanks guys, great info. Any idea if they have service to Frankfurt on 767's or 777's? I really wanted individual tv screens. If I called Continental would they know?

Old May 10th, 2002, 04:29 AM
DSK

I believe it is a 767 but these are subject to change (read your fine print

Old May 17th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Donna

You can check the equipment on Continentals website, as well as a seat chart. The 777 have a 3-3-3 config--not the greatest if you are going with 2 people. Hubby and I ususally take aisle/aisle in that case. (comfort more impt than sitting together- and can still chat across the aisle) The 767 are 2-4-2 I think, and the leg room is 32 inches vs 31 on the 777. I like the 767 better. Both have the in seat entertainment system which really helps on the long flights. The DC 10s are completely gone!

Old May 19th, 2002, 04:21 PM
Gauloises

Just a quick question; if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for this really great airfare to Germany this summer?

Old May 19th, 2002, 06:03 PM
Felix

It was $310 from the west coast. I think it was an error my friend caught and booked for us. They will honor the price though.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 10:33 AM
Vickie

I flew from Newark to Zurich, Switzerland on Contintenal. CAL is a really good airline. They are really safety conscious and into keeping the customers informed in the event of any delays (which there weren't any). They are my favorite.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Caroline

I flew Continental from Newark to London 2 years ago and loved it, it took off like 730 at night, it was very pleasant, only one complaint, they need more room in coach like American. Carol