Continental Info

Jan 9th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Jason

Continental Info

I booked a r/t flight from Memphis to Paris on Continental, in coach...Just wanted some opinions of the service, comfort, entertainment, etc....Any and all opinions are appreciated.

Jan 9th, 2003, 08:31 PM
Seamus

I am an unabashed CO fan. Are you sure it isn't a codeshare on Northwest (via Detroit)? Or maybe even KLM (via Amsterdam)? If it is indeed on CO, you'll fly to Houston or Newark then connect. The transatlantic portion is likely to be a 777, a great plane. Personal video screen for each seat. nice configuration - 3-3-3 in coach, with plenty of lavatories. You can check out their planes on their website.

Jan 10th, 2003, 05:18 AM
BeachBoi

I have ALWAYS been able to count on CO to come thru even in the worst of times.Their people everywhere seem to be very very content with their jobs.I too think you might be on a codeshare with NW or KLM.If in fact it is true CO,whether it is the 777 out of Houston or thru Newark on the 767,I think you will enjoy the service food and style.Yes like evry airline or any other busuiness for that matter there are naysayers.And you will hear from them and it always serves to help you make up your mind.

Jan 10th, 2003, 05:22 AM
Jason

I fly from Memphis-Newark-Paris. All flights are Continental with the MEM-NEW leg a codeshare, small jet. I think the return flight from Newark to Memphis is on Northwest too.

Jan 10th, 2003, 06:56 AM
John

I had a nightmare on Continental and they put me on the wrong flight and sent me to Paris instead of London.

Most of the fodorites on this board refused to believe what happened. Continental believed me though and gave me a free flight in business class anywhere I wanted to go that they flew to. So in retrospect they weren't too bad. They are much better in business than coach but then so are most airlines.

Jan 13th, 2003, 12:00 PM
hairy

CO is fine. They are all the same, in my opinion. Its the plane that makes a difference.. As others's have said, 777 would be a great flight.

There is no differentiation anymore in coach..

Jan 13th, 2003, 02:20 PM
xxx

There is a difference you might or might not think is simportant...

Continental (as well as US Air and United, Delta, not sure about American) now charge you $4 for booze in economy class. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic do not.

Always thought service on BA and VS was far superior than the American carriers anyway and now I am convinced.

Jan 14th, 2003, 07:10 AM
flyinggolfer

Aside from having to pay for drinks, you'll be fine in CO coach. The planes are new and the service, while not as genuinely caring as Virgin, is at least adequate. See if you can get an exit row seat to give yourself more legroom. You'll have individual seatback televisions with a choice of movies, etc... for entertainment.

Jan 17th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Christiana

How's Continental on domestic cross-country flights in coach(food, entertainment)? Like from D.C. to Phoenix? Are those personal tvs in coach too? Cool!

Jan 17th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Boobie

Christiana
GO BACK TO YOUR OWN QUESTION!!! There are people trying to help you make up the mind that YOU cant!!! Continental does NOT have direct flites from DC to Phoenix!!! Take the Southwest flight like they told you to!!!!!!!!Forget about food and entertainment.It is not going to happen.