continental, hold flight?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2007, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in your best guesses...I have a 40 min layover in Cleveland tomorrow, one flight into terminal D, the next out of terminal C. The actual layover all week has been about 15 mins, with late arrivals into Cleveland. I think I can make it in 15 mins but if it is close will Continental hold the flight for us? The next connecting flight would have us in the Cle airport for 5 hours.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 04:44 PM

Well, they may and they may not. Depends on how late and how many people they're waiting for. For short wait (<15 minutes), the gate agent has power to hold; while for longer wait, it's Houston's call.

CLE isn't that large, so you should be okay. What routes are you flying?
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks rkkwan, There are 2 of us flying Syracuse to Cle and the Cle to Kansas City. I think we wil be okay, but we will have to wait for our gate checked bags (but that is usually pretty quick at Cle). Good to know the gate agent can hold for short waits. The Cle to KC flight has been leaving early all week though, which worries me!
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 05:11 PM

I still think you should be okay. Also, either flight can use a C or D gate, so your transfer may be even shorter.
Old Aug 31st, 2007, 06:45 PM

With my recent Continental experiences, i would be very surprised if the connecting flight is not delayed due to some reason or the other! I did transit thru Cleveland earlier this month and it isnt a hard airport to get around...but, i think all my flights were out of Terminal D. so, wasnt a long walk...
Old Sep 1st, 2007, 05:31 AM

I wouldn't count on a flight being held. I recently flew from Lima, Peru to Houston. The plane was late and I really had to rush to get to the connection to Seattle. The gate agent was just shutting everything down (on time) and looked at me rather surprised and said "you must have been on the Peru flight". She said I was the only one who made it and I must have really "hoofed it". The plane was about half full but don't know whether that was because of all the missing passengers or not. Of course, my bag didn't make it until later.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 10:14 AM

So... where is Scorrell?

My guess would be, he made the connecting flight, and the 2nd leg was delayed.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 10:19 AM

All three SYR-CLE flights on Sept 1 were on-time.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM

I am considering a trip to the UK soon, and have narrowed my options down to two airlines: CO and DL. The price is almost the same.

I have the choice of going MCO-EWR-LGW or MCO-ATL-LGW.

I am of the opinion that I should make my decision based on ease of connection, and whether I want to go on the 777 CO or 767 DL. I am divided as to what to do.

What has been your experience with connecting via EWR or ATL internationally and then the flight experience of CO vs. DL. It's been a while since I've flown with either carrier.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM

CO has better entertainment on their 772 with personal video screen in each seat. 3 of the 20 aircrafts have AVOD with a large widescreen.

DL gives you a free alcoholic drink during dinner.

EWR is more prone to delay than ATL, in my opinion, though DL gates at ATL can be very far apart.
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 08:49 PM

Let me repost my response to your new thread.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 06:52 AM

We were returning from Hawaii to CLE via IAH. When it became apparent that we would not be able to make our connecting flight, I asked the flight attendant what to do; she said they had contacted IAH and that our flight would be held, since there were 9 people on the plane from Hawaii who had connections to CLE.

Other times, the FA has asked passengers to remain seated while the few of us who had tight connections deplaned first, but the connecting flights were not held. Usually, in such situations, we have been able to make the connection by rushing. Interestingly, once we were late for the connection, and Continental just put us on the next flight (harder to do now, I think, with flights being so crowded); when we arrived our luggage didn't come out on the carousel; when we went to their office to ask what to do, our bags were sitting there, so while we couldn't get to the connecting gate on time, the luggage handler obviously could.