Continental Airlines Website Reservation Error

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made a reservation on Continental website to travel to Israel from Chicago O'Hare with a connecting flight from Newark NJ and then on to Tel Aviv. What I chose was flight CO374 leaving Chicago at 11 AM arriving in Newark at 2:15 PM with a connecting flight on CO 84 from Newark, putting me in Tel Aviv at 9:25 AM which would allow me to use that day for business. When I received my confirmation itenarary 2 days later, it was completely wrong. They had me on the 11 AM flight out of Chicago but they put me on the 10:50 PM flight CO90, which put me in Tel Aviv at 4:15 PM. I called Continental to correct the error and was told it was a software glitch, but to change it I would have to pay $300 (change fee) I informed them that the error was their software. They aske me to call their IT department. I thought that they should do that internally, but I called anyway and was told it be 55 minutes of wait time for someone to answer. I called Continental to cancel my flight and now was told it will be $300 cancellation fee.
At that point I contacted my AMX and was told they will handle the issue. At that point I went to Priceline and got the correct travel times on Continental and I traveled on that ticket. Unfortunalty, AMX did not take care of it and Continental refused to acknowledge my cancellation so now I am stuck with paying AMX $1900.
If anyone can think of a way to get AMX or Continental to come to their senses please let me know.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM

What has American Express said? Did you file a formal dispute?

That's step 1. File a WRITTEN formal dispute outlining everything you say hear. That makes Amex do more then "talk' (Sadly my experience is that your trust in Amex was misplaced. I had the MERCHANT on the phone telling Amex (A) I didn't charge her for the hotel room and (B) you never paid me and Amex happily saying "we don't do things like that" LOL! I did finally get the $1,000 back but it took WEEKS and lots of daily calls and assistance from the poor hotel manager who provided Amex ALL the records of what they paid him!)

Now what do you have for documentation. Did you print anything out when you originally booked? Did you write down any of the details on your call etc? You need some details.

Sadly the thing to do was wait the 55 minutes for someone to respond. No you should NOT have had to do it, but at this point it gets MUCH harder to get anyone's attention and to prove your iissue.
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:30 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
>>>When I received my confirmation itenarary 2 days later<<<

Why would it take two days to get your itinerary/ticket confirmation? When I book a ticket, it's immediately sent in an e-mail. I don't book Continental a lot (now United), but some airlines have a 24 hour cancellation/change policy.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM

re:Why would it take two days to get your itinerary/ticket confirmation? When I book a ticket, it's immediately sent in an e-mail. I don't book Continental a lot (now United), but some airlines have a 24 hour cancellation/change policy.

Continental did not (and does not) have instantaneous ticketing like Pre-merger United. It often took a few hours to have the ticket issued and a 24-48 hr wait for the confirmation email.

If the OP contested the charge on AMex it has to be in writing AND within 60 days.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm in a Delta hub area and fly them the most. They let you cancel/change within 24 hours. Yes, any complaint needs to be in writing, not over the phone.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM

CO should have given one 24 hours after TICKETING to refund. Not after reservation. No idea what was going on with the OP's case.
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 03:15 PM

Anyways, too many things that make little to no sense from a first time poster. I'm not even going to comment further.