Connection at Boston Airport

Jan 14th, 2003, 10:07 PM
lori

Connection at Boston Airport

I am flying from the west coast to Boston, and will be making a connection to a KLM flight to Amsterdam. The length of the layover is 1 hour and 40 minutes. Is that long enough? Will I be able to check my bags through to Amsterdam (I start out on an Alaska airlines flight), or will I need to mess with them in Boston? Thanks for any help!!!

Jan 15th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Lorna

Your bags will be checked through all the way to Amsterdam. Do not worry! If your plane to Boston arrives on time you will have a plenty of time.
You should ask this last question Alaska Airlines but yes, they will be checked all the way to Amsterdam.

Jan 15th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Craig

West Coast to Boston on Alaska Airlines?Youmust be starting out in a less than "major" airport.Just curious,where are you starting??

Jan 15th, 2003, 08:17 AM
lori

I'm starting out in Anchorage Alaska, fly to Seattle, then to Boston. It makes a really long trip, but we can use travel miles to get from Anchorage to Boston, the result of which is the cost of our tickets to Europe is cut in more than half (getting out of Alaska is expensive!)
In Boston, Alaska Airlines is in Terminal B and KLM (NW) is in Terminal E. I can't find out anywhere on the internet how long it will take to get from Terminal B to Terminal E (realistically). Anyone know?
Thanks for the replies!!

Jan 20th, 2003, 09:00 AM
John

Go to www.massport.com. It will give you airport info. Terminal B is "not far" from Terminal E. Can either walk or take Massport bus. It should take about 10-15 min. You will need to go back thru security. You have plenty of time.

Jan 20th, 2003, 09:14 AM
AA

lori,
If I'm reading your second post correctly, you are using 2 different tickets, am I right? Alaska on an award ticket and KLM on a purchased ticket. In that case you will need to claim your luggage from Alaska and re-check with KLM. In that case this could be close. I believe the new rules require you to check your luggage no later than 1 hour before on an international trip for security reasons. If you have carry-on only you should be ok. I would call KLM and ask what their rules are.
Sounds like a long day, but have a great and save trip!