Connecting time Madrid

Search

Connecting time Madrid

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connecting time Madrid

I have booked a flight with Veuling to Madrid and another flight with Easyjet from Madrid to Lisbon. Originally I had 2 hours connecting time between each flight. However Veuling postponed their flight with 1 hour and therefore my connecting time would be reduced to only 1 hour. I would like to know if it is possible to reach my Easyjet flight in only 1 hour and what are my possible options. We are a group of four, with 4 hand luggages and 2 suitcases.

Thanks for your replies.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 01:43 AM
J62

No, 1hr is not enough time. You need to be at EasyJet checkin desk by 40min before departure. Not in line, but at the checkin desk. Even if you checkin online from home I believe the 40min rule applies to checked bags.

"Passengers who present themselves later than 40 minutes prior to scheduled time of departure will not be accepted for travel, and will forfeit their seats."

You'll need to wait at baggage claim for your Vueling flight. No way is 1hr enough time with EasyJet.

Since Vueling changed your flights you have the option to reject the change they propose and either get a full refund or try to get on a different, earlier flight.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 09:50 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
No, 1 hour is not enough. I don't know a thing about Madrid, but it's not enough at any international airport imho.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM

Honestly, even two hours would not have been enough time, ask Vueling to change your inbound flight.
Old Aug 2nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I am departing from Malta and therefore Veuling has only 1 flight every two days and there are no flights on that day from Malta to Madrid. The only option left is to transfer my Easyjet flight to 5pm in the afternoon and spend 11 hours in Madrid and an extra cost of 30 euros. At least I’ll try to go to Madrid and spend between 6 and 7 hours there, before I’ll go back to airport, retreat my bags and catch my flight.

This was my first post in this forum. Really appreciate your help. Thanks.
Old Aug 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM

Unfortunately, that's the risk one get when booking two separate tickets on two different low fare airline.