Connecting at CDG

Feb 9th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Nancy

Connecting at CDG

Hi,
We will be flying to Florence via Paris on Air France. I am wondering how much time should we plan for to make our connecting flight. We're flying out of JFK on a Friday evening, arriving in Paris at 6:00 AM, and the flight to Florence leaves at 7:45 AM. Do you think this gives us enough time to collec t our bags and clear customs and immigration?

Feb 14th, 2001, 03:26 PM
bobby grace

You are cutting it very close for an international connection. I would be very nervous if I had less than 2 or 2 1/2. If you can change without cost then I would do it. Getting your bags and clearing customs can take alot of time, with agents in Italy who could care less about tourist, they will not even say hello when you say bonjoino, just look at you like you are a fool. Wonderful country to see but citizens are a bunch of rude money grabbing, cheating, no goods. They play a game with you always on the change you have coming in a cafe. Never bring it until you have to get up and find them and then they will cheat you if you don't tell them thats not enought change. They will give it to you but its like pulling teeth. Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Italy, just don't let them get away with their little tricks, buck

Feb 15th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Sjoerd

You don't need to claim your bags at CDG. Have them labeled through to Florence. You will only pass an immigration checkpoint in Paris. 1 hour 45 minutes is more than enough to connect at CDG. I have often connected there and made connections of less than an hour easily. Air France is quite good at making sure that their passengers make the connection: if necessary a minibus + steward(ess) will be waiting for you to speed you through all procedures. Have a great trip!

Feb 15th, 2001, 08:37 PM
Nancy

Hi Sjoerd,
Thanks for the advice. I just booked my flight and am quite looking forward to visiting Italy again.

Bobby, sorry you had such an unfortunate experience in Italy. Where were you? I was there once before and never had a problem (except when I tried to order a cup of tea in the Milan train station with jet lag).

Feb 17th, 2001, 01:17 AM
ldsant

Nancy:

If you're flying AirFrance the entire way through to Florence then you shouldn't have a problem at all. They know that you're on the flight and where you're going. 1:45 hours should be enough time - even if you have to go to a different terminal. Have a fabulous time. I LOVED Florence and the Tuscany area.

Feb 19th, 2001, 06:41 PM
mcd

Nancy it is fine. You won't have to claim your bags in Florence nor would you have to clear customs. I don't remeber well but I am pretty sure that you will be able to just transfer internally in the terminal without going through immigration or anything of the sort. Just follow the signs at the airport that say transfers and you will be just fine.