Search

Flying Lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 05:46 AM
Tina

Flying Lufthansa

I'll soon be flying Lufthansa from JFK to Frankfurt. Any info on Lufthansa ? How is the service onboard ? <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2000, 05:51 AM
Ian

The service onboard is not that good, crew attendants are not very friendly and they do not serve great food. One good thing: seats are comfortable in coach

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 02:50 AM
dave

I've flown with them several times, and have always had friendly service (to varying degrees of course) and in general a great flight. The food EUR to US is much better than US to EUR. On daytime flights they keep you supplied with water, etc., and their entertainment (music/video/magazines) is quite good (the headsets are comfortable - flew Air France recently, and the headset was Walkman-type - after 2 hours my ears were about to fall off). The seats on LH are relatively new I guess and comfortable.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Mary

HI: <BR>According to MSNBC Lufthansa spent more than 5200 hours in the air because of delays. FYI

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 03:46 PM
M

Hello, <BR> <BR>I love Lufthansa. I started to fly with them 1 year ago. I have only once encountered a cranky air attendant at the Munich airport. <BR> <BR>Every other city had great gate personnel, air crew etc. <BR> <BR>In fact, I have flown them so many times I have made a killing with FF. These points have fonr wonders for my recently. Lounges, check in, upgrades, free this and that etc. <BR> <BR>I love them and always try to fly with them. If I can not fly Lufthansa, you bet it will be in the STAR ALLIANCE! <BR>M

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 09:52 PM
richardab

One good thing about Lufthansa is that they are punctual. Be sure you are sitting down when the flight is ready to leave or else the flight attendant will slap you. <BR> <BR>I agree with the above poster, the food on their intercontinental flights is HORRID The food on the inter Europe flights is excellent. I have often been served a nice cold salad plate which has a variety of meats, cheese, salmon and rolls. Yummy.