Reload this Page >

Charter flights to Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:50 PM
Joanie

I am taking a trip to Cancun in June and the flight is chartered by Ryan Internatl. Is anyone familiar with this airline? What was your experience? I've had bad experiences in the past with chartered flights. Thanks.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 05:57 PM
jane

I haven't taken Ryan Int'l but I noticed that this flight was on time when I was at the Aruba Airport waiting for my Charter airline which is Southeast which was delayed for 4 hours.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Bob

I flew with them a couple of years ago as part of Suntrips. Only problem on flight was seats are very, very close together! They really pack them in there.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 02:57 PM

They used to charter with Transglobal to Hawaii...sure hope they have their maintenance problems worked out...the bozo's accepted unaccompanied minors and a 11 year old boy stranded in Honolulu....they put him in a sleazy hotel by himself with no money or the Promised food vouchers for 2 days..the hotel staff are the ones who ensured that the boy was safe and fed until his plane was fixed....and their on time performance was horrible beyond that...I WILL NEVER FLY THEM..even if it were across town.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Proud TA

All airlines have delays including and especially the Majors.<BR>The little guys delays are longer, because they usually have to fly in a part.<BR>I actually have never been on a delayed charter, I have been on plenty of Delayed Delta and United flights.<BR>At least Apple and Funjet give you a voucher for $50 or more off your next trip for Long Delays. The Majors sure don't.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:31 PM
lisa

We flew on Ryan to Puerta Vallarta from Denver a couple of years ago and aside from the cramped space, the service was exceptional. We even were given warm hand and face towels! My in laws flew them from San Fran to Hawaii and vowed they would never fly charter again. I think it was the space problem again.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:16 AM
Cg

Can you say 10 hour delay? Be prepared because that can happen with charter flights and it happened to us with Ryan.