CDG connection in 2 hours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2017, 11:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone! I need your advise. Will be arriving in Paris CDG via Etihad at 755am (Terminal 2A) and planning to book the 955am flight to Marseille via Air France (gate is at Terminal 2F). I have check-in luggage as I will be coming from overseas and this is for an 18 day vacation. I contacted Etihad and they wont tag through my baggage. I am guessing I need to go through passport control then get my luggage then make it to the departure hall of terminal 2F before gates close.
Would it make a difference if I check-in online and just go through bag drop (does AF have this type of service?)
Would it matter if you were in business class?
I am really trying to make this flight because the next flight out is already at 1pm. Hoping you guys can give me your insights. I know it is tight but is it doable? Checked trains as well but I am to meet my parents in Marseille and the train scheduled to leave the airport is not until 1157am. Lastly, how difficult is it to get from Arrivals Hall in Terminal 2A to the departure hall of Terminal 2F?

Thank you very much!!
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 01:08 AM

<i> Would it matter if you were in business class?</i>

Yes. You would get off the plane first and your luggage would be priority tagged.
Old Jan 30th, 2017, 04:34 AM

2 hours is perfect.
I count 1 hour for intraday Europe.
Right now I am arriving at my gate at CRL on time. I was at airport 45 prior to flying time.
However if your flight is late or if you have to go via immigration with long queues like I had recently you are bust.
My advice : too short for comfort.
But doable. Most of the time.
Old Jan 31st, 2017, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you @sparkchaser I am planning to use my miles to get upgraded. Hoping this can make me go through passport control and luggage retrieval faster.
Old Jan 31st, 2017, 06:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your thoughts @WoinParis. If I could check in online and just do a bag drop I think I would have a better chance of making my connecting flight. Would you agree with this?