Carry-on Luggage

Dec 19th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Carry-on Luggage

When are the airlines going to become more strict about limiting the size of the carry-on luggage? We just returned from California and it was amazing what some people will carry on. Just because they're too lazy to wait to receive their luggage at baggage claim.
Dec 19th, 2003, 09:58 PM

Email airline with concern. Some airlines are actually measuring and weighing all baggage. Personally I do not like to carry anything! Check everything! Enjoy the freedom.
Dec 20th, 2003, 08:30 AM

I don't believe lazy has much to do with people carrying on bags. I think it has more to do with it being quicker at the destination airport and the much reduced chance of your property being delayed, damaged or lost.

That said, I always stay within the airlines' limits and wish they would enforce them.

Even with those limits I can spend 10 days in Europe plus bring back all my purchases in carry ons. But boy are they heavy and packed tight!

Keith
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:00 PM
ed

The extra large "Carry-on" is just plain rude. They take up extra overhead bin space and then bash you with it as they go up and own the aisle :-B
Dec 21st, 2003, 03:39 PM

Until airlines can guarantee that all checked luggage will arrive in a timely fashion with its passenger, not be damaged or stolen people will want to maximize the amount of stuff that they have safely in their own care in the cabin.
Dec 26th, 2003, 04:40 AM

Until someone was unable to carry on a properly sized suitcase when the airline gate checked and lost/delayed it and also the airline allowed other passengers to carry aboard oversized suitcases and the aggrieved passenger filed a lawsuit claiming that the airline broke its own rules and is therefore no longer limited in its liability to the passenger.

Travel tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/travel.htm