Reload this Page >

Bussiness vs. First on United

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Marc

Does anyone know what the differences are between First and Business class on United as far as leg room/seat size and services? I've never flown business class, but have flown first a couple times. I have the opportunity for an upgrade, but want to know what services are included in business class before I decide. Thanks.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 11:19 PM
alison

we often fly business on united transatlantic and have always felt it was one of the best around. Last month when we flew to chicago we were upgraded into first and it was wonderful. They have flat beds, lots of legroom and great service and food. We will definitely try to use our miles to upgrade in the future. If you can upgrade, do it

Old Mar 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Marc

What about on U.S. domestic flights? Say, Boston to San Francisco for example?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:51 PM
Jan

Marc, it depends on the type of aircraft. Business class on United is usually quite good, and in most cases is better than 1st-class in a 2-class aircraft (on older, or smaller planes). I would always take the opportunity to upgrade.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 06:09 PM
SpicyGrrl

I just flew on a 777 from LAX - ORD in Biz. It was SO worth the upgrade!<BR><BR>The Biz class seats were nicer than most FC seats I've been in (besides the sleepers in the FC 777 cabin!). They were plush, roomy footrests and personal vid screens, lots of leg room! I loved it. It was one of the most pleasant flights I've had.<BR><BR>On the OTHER hand, I flew FC back from Chicago to LAX on a 767 & it was dreadful. No footrests, truncated legroom, no personal vid screens & a very poor view of the movie screen (which only showed 1 film) from any seats other than the first 3 rows. I was a bit sorry I had wasted my miles.