british airways refusing cash refunds

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2020, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 flights cancelled due to Virus and I have requested a cash refund from BA but they are refusing and are issuing me vouchers which are no good to me as This was my year to travel and the event we were attending Passion Play in Oberammergau was cancelled. I even cited their Civil Aviation Authority ruling number which indicates they must give cash refunds if requested. I have sent pictures of my cash receipt, filled out form and still they are sending me vouchers for those two flights. Any tips on how I can get my refund?

Shar
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:45 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That seems very weird. I've seen lots of posts/threads on flyertalk re BA giving the option of refund or voucher. Maybe go look there . . . or even register on flyertalk and ask for advice -- they used to be really tough on newbies but I've sensed a nicer vibe lately. IB does their forums too so the format is very similar, you may even recognize a Fodorite or two)
Old May 24th, 2020, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris Elliott has a site that has helped many people with this sort of problem. https://www.elliott.org/
Old May 24th, 2020, 05:00 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I have been a member on flyer talk for many years, best advice. They have been good for us getting refunds on virgin. We will see if we get any money but at least they text back Friday night. Did you contact your credit card? That was going to be our next step.
Old May 24th, 2020, 05:48 PM

I will be facing this problem this coming week when they’ll cancel flight from DEN to LHR return. I have 4 Business Class tickets so almost $14,000 invested. Voucher won’t work because when we reschedule for next year, it’ll have to be a month later or a month pass what they offer. I’m hoping that having used my British Airways credit card for tickets along with the fact that I am an Executive Club member and have Bronze status may help or it may mean nothing. The thought of losing that much money is very depressing.
Old May 27th, 2020, 11:51 AM

We have/had 3 return flights with BA, and they have cancelled 2 of them, and we got a refund back to the c/c. We are hoping they will cancel the third flight as it was connected to the others. I phoned BA, and after a bit of waiting we got through to a person, and asked for the refunds. No problem, as we had booked through them.
Old May 28th, 2020, 12:57 PM
Original Poster

paid for this over a year ago....I am giving up as now they want me to call the UK! Hot worth the frustration for $181
Old May 28th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

glad it worked for you. We paid for this part of our journey a year ago. Not worth the frustration for $181. I found the whole process very confusing and had to dig through several sites to even find where I could ask for a refund. Givingup
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Shar, the way we finally got thorough was via text. It took four days but they text back and we have a refund coming sometime way down the road. See is they have a text option. My husband got his text during the day and I got my text at 3:30 am.
Old May 28th, 2020, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't give up! That's giving in to their passive aggressive extortion. I agree that you should do it by text or email so as not to waste your time but also to get written proof.