British Airways or SAS???

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Michael

British Airways or SAS???

Headed to Scandinavia in July and scouting fares, both British Airways and SAS have fares closely competitive for our routing. Which airline would you recommend in terms of quality of service, legroom in coach, etc.?? Have read threads complaining about BA even on 747-400, but haven't heard much re;SAS...Thoughts and experiences are invited!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:48 AM
John

BA has very bad legroom in coach and transiting via Heathrow or Gatwick (or even worse between the two) is a nightmare.

Service is hit and miss on both but SAS staff always seem more classy and they use fantastic airbus 330/340s

IMHO use SAS (via Copenhagen) if possible.

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:01 AM

I have had enough of BA to last me a life time.......I used to love to fly our national flag carrier but their arrogance is unbelievable and the service is non-existent.

Go SAS!

Old May 7th, 2002, 09:10 AM
michael

bump

Old May 7th, 2002, 10:12 PM
michaelg

SAS hands down. BA's 747 and 767 are somewhat older aircraft and do not compete with the newer A330 and A340. Economy class on SAS will definitely be worth the cost. And most importantly, the newer Airbus aircraft are cleaner for the environment than the Boeing!! Take that into consideration, too.

Old May 9th, 2002, 01:38 PM
SASgirl

I just flew SAS and BA to Europe. BA is not a bad airline but sooooo uncomfortable. You might get a really cramped situation going on.

I just flew SAS from Newark to Copenhagen a few weeks ago and it was a delight. The plane was brand new and really cool. More leg room than most 747's on BA. Decent food and great movies. Cool feature on your seatback system with live camera shots out the cockpit window of the take-off, during flight or landing. Way cool. I say go SAS.