British Air/Boeing 767

Apr 28th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Mia

British Air/Boeing 767

I want to know if the Boeing 767 is comfortable in coach and safe.How is British Air?

May 4th, 2002, 09:10 PM
mt-x

I recently flew on United 767 from NY-LA. It was during xmas holidays. The plane was crowded so I didn't feel very comfortable. I was in an aisle seat in the middle (4 seats). But each seat had an invidual screen with movies, shows, music....and the headphones were complimentary. Made for a nice ride though crowded.

May 5th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Gregory

Hi,

British Airways is a very good airline.Seating in coach is average (31inches) -not as good as AA in coach but the service is generally better.
The 767 is operated in a 2-3-2 configuration on BA and does not have seatback tv screens just overheadscreens every few rows ( unlkie the other BA fleet of 747's and 777's which do have PTVs)

Regards
Gregory

May 6th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Jetlagged

As a Brit, I never fly British Airways unless there is no alternative. or I can afford Business Class. Yes, it's a very safe airline, but it concentrates all it's energies on Business and First Class passengers. Coach is cramped & umcomfortable, service is bad and the food is dreadful. I always use American when flying to and fromthe States - though Virgin Atlantic is pretty good too.

May 8th, 2002, 06:59 PM
doug

-Any Boeing airplane is very very safe. BA probably above average on safety
-767 One of the least crowded long haul planes unless you get the middle. If you get one of the window/aisle combos it's not bad.
-BA is only average for economy/coach service