British Airways - Fast Track @ Heathrow

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! Anyone ever used the "Fast Track" feature @ Heathrow before? My situation is this: Will be flying Club Europe on BA from CDG to Heathrow arriving in Terminal 4 @ 3:20pm. My connecting flight also on BA in Business Class departs from Terminal 1 @ 5:10pm. So I have a whopping 1hr 50min layover. According to the BA website, you're to allow at least 75 minutes between these terminals? So now I'm down to 35 minutes to spare! Everytime you call any of the airlines anymore, it's the usual: 1) nobody has the same answer; 2) they're flat out rude; 3) you can't understand a word they're saying! Any advice short of trying to run like a bat out of hell thru Heathrow? Thanks~
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM

Depends where your flying on to
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM

Smile and relax. You have plenty of time unless your first flight is late arriving into Heathrow. I used the fasttrack--just have your boarding card ready to show.

Old Aug 27th, 2007, 05:35 AM

What is Fast Track, please? Can hoi-poloi use it, too? (We're flying economy.) We've got a similarly short connect in Heathrow from Terminal 4 to 1. I'm concerned.
Thanks for help.
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

blightyboy: Departing from Terminal 1 to Vancouver, B.C.

poss: My understanding is that "Fast Track" is a feature to expedite waiting in line for 1st or Business Class ticket holders?
Old Aug 27th, 2007, 06:38 AM

I'm not sure the fast track applies in this case. You are just transferring and you will have to go through security, but (and I maybe be wrong), in case of just a transfer it's one line for everybody. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

What I would be worried about is the bus service, airside between 4 and 1. I have never done it myself, so I'm not an expert, but I hear from frequent travelers through LHR that in many cases it's quicker to leave the airside in terminal 4, catch the tube to terminal 1 (I believe it's free) and go through the regular security, in which case the fast track makes a difference.

The only reason to be concerned about the bus service between the terminals that creates some problems is because the buses run very infrequently and many times there is a waiting line, so you may not be able to get on the next bus.

Like I said, I never needed to do that, but that's what I have heard from people that do it somewhat regularly.

Perhaps somebody else has more experience with that transfer and may correct my post.

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 29th, 2007, 08:35 AM

Whatever, all the best for your baggage!!