BA vs. United 777s

Apr 26th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Chris

BA vs. United 777s

I'm planning a trip from Washington, DC, to Edinburgh this fall and the two carriers with the lowest prices (at the moment) for the DC-to-London route are British Airways and United. Both fly Boeing 777s on the flights I'm looking at.

If the fares end up being reasonably similar, which airline would you choose on the basis of such things as seat room, service, food, etc.? I'm a small person, so seat space is rarely an issue for me, but my husband is 6' and about 250 pounds, so he always feels like a sardine on an airplane.

Unfortunately, anything better than basic coach probably isn't an option. We rarely fly, so we have no frequent flyer miles. And we can't afford more than basic coach fares.

So, which airline would you pick if given a choice?

Apr 26th, 2002, 03:56 PM
buck

BA far and away, have flown on both to London and BA to Nairobi from London. United to Japan and China. Hands down, BA, good luck, Buck

Apr 27th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Ian

Agreed. Do not even consider United, go with BA. Great airline, much better on international flights than United. Their business class is particularily good, especially the lounge in Heathrow.

Apr 27th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Gregory

I would choose BA over United ( Mind you I would choose Virgin Atlantic over BA if the prices were fairly comparible as I find the service, food and IFE better on Virgin ( and more points too).
BA is offering World Traveller Plus (enhanced economy for £200 extra one way) which gives a wider seat and around 38 inches of seat pitch compared to 31 normally.

May 19th, 2002, 01:44 AM
david

Fly BA, the connection in London will be much easier, same airline, so if there is a problem you will get a lot more help.

Also make sure you get a window seat up to Edinburgh, the views as you fly in are worth it.