COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

BA FC vs. Business

Old Apr 30th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

BA FC vs. Business

My wife & I are flying IAD-LHR in business class then LHR-BKK in first class and the return flights are in those same cabins. If we delay our return for a day or two we will have to change from FC to BC on the BKK-LHR leg. Is BA's FC that much better than their BC on that 11 hour flight?

Thanks
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 03:08 AM

If you are flying on a 747, the business class area is upstairs and also down below. Assuming you can climb stairs, the upper deck only holds 20 people and is very quiet. You do have a flat bed which I found very comfortable.

Half the seats face backwards, so if that is a problem, be sure to get a front facing seat. Seats are only a little shorter. Check www.seatguru.com for more details.

BA has one of the highest rated business class cabins.
Old Apr 30th, 2007, 08:23 PM

I have not done FC so cannot tell, but BA business class has HORIZONTAL flat seats. As wally said, it's pretty good if you can get upstairs (which tends to get grabbed first at initial seat assignment).
Old May 5th, 2007, 04:34 PM

I flew BA's BC about 18 months ago. I thought it sucked.

Half the seats are facing backwards because this way they squeeze one more seat per row. Most BCs are 2-2-2 or 2-3-2. BA is 2-4-2 for most flights. YMMV.

Nothing like lying back and having your face in someone's foot.
Old May 6th, 2007, 04:58 AM

You can choose forward-facing seats on their website, and I believe all FC seats are forward-seating.

To be honest, it's just an acquired preference--initially I felt awkward seated backward (esp landing), but I personally prefer not seating in the same direction with the next-seat passenger so I prefer it that way.
Old May 6th, 2007, 05:42 AM

If you prefer privacy, then F is the way to go. J is nice and comfortable but somewhat more cramped and not as private.

Another plus of flying in F from LHR is that you will have access to the Concord F Lounge. It features a full service Molton Brown Travel Spa. Just make sure you make an appointment as soon as you get there. You can also have a full service, sit down dinner before the flight so if it's a night flight to BKK you can go to sleep as soon as the plane takes off.

Personally I just love the idea of arriving at the destination ahead of the pilots. The intimate F cabin is located in the nose of the 747 below the flight deck.
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:01 AM

If either of you is very tall or wide, you'll appreciate the somewhat more larger seats in First Class. The meal service is better and the service is more personalised. Otherwise, if you'd really like to have an extra day or two at your destination, I don't think the difference between Club World and First Class is significant enough hold out for First Class (especially since you'll get a chance to experience it on at least one leg of the journey).