Atlanta Layover

Nov 15th, 2005, 04:56 PM
mjz
Original Poster

Atlanta Layover

We have a 4 1/2 layover in ATL next Monday evening on our way to FLR via CDG. Is it worth leaving the airport and heading downtown or to Buckhead for dinner via Marta? Or, are we better off hanging out in the airport?

Thanks!
Nov 15th, 2005, 05:23 PM

Not sure I would risk leaving the airport and having to go through security again - can be lengthy.

Hopefully you are in the main terminal...personally, cannot stand the Atlanta airport....
Nov 16th, 2005, 03:27 PM
mjz
Original Poster

Thanks. I guess it's not worth the hassle. I've got a good book...but then there is the bar.
Nov 17th, 2005, 07:45 AM

It is best to stay at the aiport and have a nice meal in the many restaurant choices available at the airport. There are also some nice bars to watch sports for a couple of hours. ATL is huge and very busy. Best not to leave.
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:26 PM

There's also usually, if not always, some kind of art exhibition in the far concourse, the one usually used for international arrivals. ATL is huge and you are certain to find something to keep you busy for your layover. If nothing else you can walk up and down in the hopes of becoming tired enough to sleep on your flight to CDG.