Notices

ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone

Apr 30th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone

I am making a 3 hour connection at ATL on Wednesday 20 May and want to meet a friend for coffee and peach pie. I am looking for recommendations, preferably on the airport premises.

Alternatively, is there any way for a non-passenger to enter the secure zone for a few hours? Delta of course.
May 1st, 2015, 07:51 AM

There are definitely restaurants in the Atrium of the domestic terminal before security. I passed through in March. But I can't tell you anything about them, and I can't promise peach pie.
May 6th, 2015, 07:02 AM

I can't imagine a non passenger allowed to enter the secure zone. But I can recommend Cafe Intermezzo located on Terminal B in the area of lots of shops and restaurants. They serve lunches and dinners but their specialty is desserts and they are fabulous. It is our favorite place to eat at AHJ when we have time to spare. Hope they have your peach pie!
May 6th, 2015, 10:30 AM

Buy a refundable full-fare ticket to somewhere same day.
May 26th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the suggestions. She wouldn't buy a refundable ticket. We had a coffee chat outside the secure zone. Then I had a 20 second espresso at Cafe Intermezzo after going back in to catch my flight.

Search this Thread