Anyone else problem USAir online

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is anyone else having a problem viewing their flight confirmation on USAir for flights booked before the merger?

Called internet support today, she said they have had several calls with the same problem. Wanted to check-in online. Kiosk at airport may or may not work. Probably gonna have to check-in the old fashioned way -- yuck! Hope tons of other people are not having the same problem or the lines are going to be very long like in the old days.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 12:23 PM

We had no trouble doing internet check-in last Saturday for a Sunday flight, BUT lines at the airport (Washington National) for baggage check were so long that my husband missed his flight. He started calling on his cell while in line, then returned home; we were unable to get through on the phones for seven hours before giving up altogether.

USAir seems to be having terrible technical troubles these days. I'd say you'd be smart to get to the airport very very early (3 hours would not be excessive) in case the problem is continuing and system-wide. I wish you luck.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 12:27 PM

Hope you are leaving at one of the popular Florida airports this week, or at their hub at CLT.

The USAirways "East" operation is still a mess after last weekend's storm. People waiting for ever to check-in and get bags tagged, etc. You may want to go to the airport extra early.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 03:22 PM

If you have your reservation confirmation code then you can enter it online to view your reservation and do online checkin.

I did this for a ticket that I bought from United for a USAir operated. Called USAir to get the confirmation code and entered it online at usair.com

After you login at usair.com go to the "My Account Summary" page. You can get to that page by clicking on your name where it says:
Welcome <u>Your Name</u>
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 03:24 PM

where it says: Welcome <u>Your Name</u> xx,xxx

Then click on &quot;View All Profile Reservations&quot; and you will see where you can enter your Confirmation Code, select the departure date, and Retrieve.
Old Mar 20th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Original Poster

mrw,
That is the problem. There was a computer glitch when they merged the airlines and now several reservations made before the merger cannot be accessed via internet.

Yep, will get to airport VERY early!!!!
Old Mar 23rd, 2007, 11:05 PM

US sent an e-mail describing the trouble with the reservation migration. It suggested:
&quot;# If your reservation is out of sync, you may have trouble checking in online or at the kiosk. If you Web Check-in doesn’t work with your reservation number, try using your Dividend Miles number. If that doesn't work, call Reservations. We should be able to get your reservation back in sync on the phone so you can check in through our automated systems.&quot;