Another reminder - check your flights' schedule

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Opened Delta, they've moved our flight by 1/2 hour. For us, it's a good thing, the layover in Atlanta is 2 hours now.

What worries me a little, there was no e-mail. We'll take this one-way flight after a 2-week cruise.

Just want to remind everybody to check their schedules regularly.

We'll fly January 18, almost 4 months from today.
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Delta generally doesn't bother sending out notifications for smaller changes, such as this minor schedule change, unless within 30 days or so of the flight itself.
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 11:07 AM

Delta doesn't even contact you about MAJOR flight schedule changes until about one month from departure. I found out by chance about a significant change to an international flight when I was on the Delta website checking a different itinerary/domestic flight and decided to take a look at how full the plane on the international trip was.

The flights on the return portion of the international flight had changed and Delta had me on a connecting flight that departed before my original flight even landed!

I discovered this 3 months prior to my departure and still had a really difficult time getting revised flights from Delta. We still didn't wind up with a very good flight schedule. I can't imagine how few options we would have had if we didn't know about this until 30 days prior to departure.

I now check out itineraries on the Delta website every week!
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM

And when you do get e-mails from your airline read them carefully. I once read an e-mail from Air Canada that I initially misread as telling me that my Madrid to Toronto flight had been moved 5 minutes earlier. This once months ahead of the trip and I wondered why they bothered to tell me. A wee later I reread it and realized it was 1 day and 5 minutes earlier!
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Oh, if I get an e-mail, I am immediately on the main website, not clicking any links provided in e-mail, but going from the home page to my reservation!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 07:10 AM

thanks for the reminder Fania - I am flying delta in a week and did just check my reservations!