american airlines website

Jun 14th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Samantha

american airlines website

Have you ever booked an airline on American airlines website? Did you have any problems or good things things to say.
I appreciate any input.

Jun 14th, 2001, 04:08 PM
rheianne

I've been booking on the site for about ten months now. Haven't had any problems. You can also choose seat assignments on some of the flights. I've also booked a vacation package from them online and it was fine.

Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:26 AM
satnick

I thought their site was the most painful experience. Incredibly slow. I gave up and called their help # and had them book it but it is separate from their regular booking #. We had a terrible experience with their partner airline, American Eagle. Avoid at all costs!!!!

Jul 6th, 2001, 07:00 AM
Janelle

We have been booking tickets on American's website for a very long time. I use the website whenever I can to book my husband's business travel (up to 25 trips per year). I especially like being able to choose the seats at the time of purchase, and being able to see the seat maps. Keep in mind you can also get a booking bonus of anywhere from 1000 to 3000 miles for booking online (depending on their current promotions, and of course you must be a member of their FF program).

satnick above posted another thread about a bad experience w/American Airlines. I will say here that since January 1999, my husband has flown over 265,000 miles exclusively on American Airlines and has had no problems whatsoever on any of his flights (approximately 250 of them).

Jul 6th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Vicki

I book on the American website all the time (I'm almost up to 2 million miles with them) and have never had a problem. Have also booked American Airlines vacations with no problems.