American Airlines to SAS

Jul 15th, 2017, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

American Airlines to SAS

I am booked on a flight leaving Charlotte NC to Newark on American Airlines changing to SAS to Copenhagen. I can see the reservations on my America profile - Does this mean American will transfer our bags to SAS. I think they have an interline agreement but I cannot find the answer online anywhere

Does anyone have experience with this ?

Thanks
Jul 15th, 2017, 02:06 PM

How did you book that ticket? It's not on the same ticket, right? Two separate flights? Because SAS isn't a partner of AA.

Since they aren't partners, I doubt if American will transfer your bags. If they had an interline agreement, you would have booked all that on one ticket through AA, and then they should transfer them. Of that's what you did, should be okay,but I suspect you didn't. So then you should ask the TA or whoever booked this ticket for you.
Jul 15th, 2017, 04:33 PM
Original Poster

I booked it through princess cruises....I see both on my American air profile
Jul 16th, 2017, 05:14 AM

I'm pretty sure American Airlines has a baggage handling arrangement with SAS (especially since both flights are listed in your AA profile). However, you should check with AA just to be sure - a simple phone call should suffice.
Jul 16th, 2017, 08:43 AM

yeah, I'd call also but since you see both flights on your AA profile, that's a good thing. I would presume that cruise line works with the airline on what they offer, so should be okay.