Reload this Page >

Airline ticket - is this "legal?"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:29 PM
L.A.

I have booked an evening flight to London on USAIR from Atlanta (ATL --> Philly --> London) but have just learned that I'll be in Florida on the day I'm supposed to leave. Instead of changing my ticket ($$-UGH!), can I just get a one way ticket for that morning from JAX to ATL on another airline or is this considered "illegal?"

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Bill

<BR>Sure, it's legal. USAirways doesn't care how you get to the Atlanta airport.<BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:25 PM
x

Of course it's legal, you'll probably fly Delta or Airtran. If a one way ticket costs more than roundtrip, you may buy the cheaper roundtrip JAX-ATL ticket and not use the return trip ATL-JAX. That is also legal, but don't mention that to the booking agent (are you a biz traveller)? Enjoy your PHL-LGW flight on US!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 11:02 PM
L.A.

Thanks for the replies! I just didn't know if US Air would say that I'm trying to get out of paying the fare from JAX to London instead of the cheaper ATL to London! I was worried about that - even considered driving the 5-6 hours to ATL that morning to avoid a problem!

Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? I had to read a few times to understand. Of course you can fly from JAX to ATL, it is none of their concern / interest whatsoever.
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may be able to check your luggage in JAX all the way through to London. That will keep you from having to claim it in ATL, going through security all over again, and so on.