? about flight schedules

Dec 15th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

? about flight schedules

My husband and I cashed in frequent flyer miles for tickets from Amarillo to Kauai in July. I need to purchase four tickets for our children but the flights on our tickets don't even show up on the AA web site. I have called and talked to a human and our itinerary is ticketing for about $1600.00 per person right now! Ouch! My questions...is our itinerary not posted on the web site for a reason and when on earth can I expect (hope) this fare to come down? Please look into your crystal ball and give your best educated guess. Thanks
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM

What flights do you have? And is it there when you check your itineraries -for the award tickets you've booked - on aa.com?
Dec 15th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Do you have your PNR?

If so, then just go to www.aa.com, Reservations, and put in the PNR and your name in the "look up reservations" box. Once you pull the res up, it will stay in your Reservations. I assume you booked the trip with an agent.
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:15 AM

For future reference to anybody that reads this thread.

The way the OP approached this was wrong. The OP should have put the "agreeable paid" reservation on hold first, and AA does allow guaranteed hold for at least 24 hours and up to midnight of next day, and only then the OP should have checked and booked the award ticket. If I understand the OP correctly, the OP already booked and ticketed the award. If the fare for the children proves to be true and the OP can't or won't do it, it will still cost $100 per ticket to re-deposit the miles.

Also, apparently one of the adults is earning AA miles, so once again the OP approached the reservations wrong. The award should have been booked the award for the members of the family that don't fly on a regular basis. The paid reservation should have been made for the member(s) of the family that could earn and add the miles to their bank.

If the children don't fly very often or not at all, they will all end up with about 5K miles and it will go to waste.

Just some suggestions....
Dec 15th, 2006, 11:30 AM

I agree 100%!
Dec 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Being the seemingly clueless original poster, I will try not to be too humbled by this experience and file it as a teachable moment. Only recently have we started to travel enough to collect miles, and as you may have guessed, this was our first time to redeem. I should have sought your wise advice before I purchased! Live and learn. Thanks
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Beginners question....What is a "PNR" number? Thanks
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:47 PM

PNR = Passenger Name Record...Airline lingo for your reservation.
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM

It's your reservation number -

You will find your reservation number on your ticket or on the confirmation provided by your agent. It is sometimes referred to as "PNR" or "Record Locator". If you do not have your reservation number, please contact your agent.

The reservation number is a 6 digit alphanumeric code , i.e. it contains letters and numbers(numbers is not true for AA). You will only need to enter these 6 digits and never any codes that follow or precede it.

with AA it's all alpha, no numbers. It stays with the reservation up to 3 days after you are finished with your travels and it gets recycled again. Don't confuse this with a ticket number. This is just an easy way to find your reservations, either through AA agent or on line. So, if you have something like this: ABCDEF, and the name on the reservation, then it's very easy to pull up your reservation on www.aa.com.
Dec 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM

PNR is the 6-digit code on every reservations. Some call it the "locator", some just "reservation number" or "confirmation number". Same thing.

Anyways, I wouldn't do a thing for now. It's very early to book tickets for July and prices should come down. Just check often. And redeposit the miles only if necessary later on.