AA's new website

Mar 29th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

AA's new website

Is it just me and my old computer, or has anyone else had trouble with AA's new website? I have not once been able to check flight schedules or do anything else. I get "not responding" or the site is so slow it actually quits, and I find no place for multi-city flights. Their logo on the site is "The New American is Arriving." My question is: When???
Mar 29th, 2013, 03:27 PM

I have no problems with their new site.

I don't see the pages loading any faster or slower than they did on the old website.

I think you either have pc or web issues.
Mar 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM

No problems for me, too!
Mar 29th, 2013, 04:59 PM

Meh .... On the AA vacations web page they really need to fix some glitches for the user. Example, When attempting to look up a potential vacation the city list has to be removed manually by the user (both outbound and inbound)in order to unblock/unhide the rest of the boxes. Then when you want to select the date, you have to double click on it about 3 times to pop up On the AA web page I think my biggest gripe is the HUGE! picture ad that makes the sign in at the bottom of the screen making the user have to scroll. I know, I am probably being picky, but I one that prefers quick to extra steps required.

I have noticed a trend (not only AA, but other airlines and web pages) to what I call roll over (with mouse) and transparent stuff that you don't know is there unless you know it is there and you have to guess so much where something is now, that you used to know where it was and it used to be visible. Kind of a peeve of mine right now
Mar 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your input. I think I need a new computer.
Mar 30th, 2013, 09:15 PM

You have a PC, yes?
I don't know about AA, but, are you also having slowness with other websites?
If NO, blame AA
If yes, your web browser (IE, Firfox?) may be getting memory/cache/history/cookie clogged. Suggest you run CCleaner, I run it every week or so. http://tinyurl.com/col2pnc

Few days ago my PC was slow responding, in general, doing anything. I looked in Task Manager (a tool in MS Windows, 2000, XP, Vista, 7) to see CPU usage and it was at 50%, way too high. Task Manager indicated that the cause of 50% usage was my browser FireFox. I closed all (3-4) FireFox windows and ran CCleaner. CCleaner got rid of too much junk in FireFox and problem solved. For both PC applications and the internet.

regards - tom
Apr 1st, 2013, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

tom, Thanks for your reply. I'm having trouble only with AA's website. I can get into every other airline's site with no problem, as well as all other websites I visit. I did finally find a way to get to AA. Previously I had been using www.aa.com which was impossible. Then I discovered if I used www.aa.com/reservations, the site popped up immediately. I don't understand why others haven't had a similar problem but at any rate I can now access AA. I'm sure CCleaner will improve my PC so I intend to run it soon and see if I can then get on aa.com.
Jun 17th, 2013, 10:02 PM

I've tried their new site numerous times-it is incredibly slow
Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:06 AM
WEK

Since the redesign of the website a few months ago, I find it to be EXTREMELY slow on my Windows 7 machine. When I go back to my old Windows XP machine, it is fine, so I figure it is some incompatibility between the two.

Would be interesting to test out on another browswer other than IE8
Jun 23rd, 2013, 09:28 AM

I've had problems with AA.com recently as well but it's when I go to look for award flights. I can plug in my dates but then when I click "continue" it won't show any flight info at all. Yet, when I tried it on my husband's laptop, it works! So, there is something going on with my laptop and I don't know what it is. I never had this problem until recently.
Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
WEK

I downloaded Mozilla Firefox (free download) and used it instead of Internet Explorer and the response time was MUCH improved. Significantly different. This will be my go-to solution for AA.com!
Jun 26th, 2013, 01:41 PM

Painfully slow or even just "quits". I'm using IE so maybe WEK is on to something.