Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Air Travel
Reload this Page >

USAirways new website is impossible to use. Anyone else havings problems with login?

USAirways new website is impossible to use. Anyone else havings problems with login?

Jun 7th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

I have been having problems with login ever since they changed their web site. I get to security questions and my computer freezes. Is anyone else having this problem? It sucks because I found an award seat avaiable for Father's Day weekend and it wont let me finish the transaction!
Thanks,
Annika
Jun 7th, 2006, 05:34 AM

Not going help you, but there's an article on today's Wall Street Journal, page D4, about the problems US/HP flyers are facing. Yours is definitely not unique.
Jun 7th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Original Poster

I'm glad to hear it's not just me Thankfully I did manage to get the award reservation over the phone. Last minute reduced milage saver award. 25,000 miles RT and it will only cost $65.00 in fees. That's awesome!
Thanks for your reply rkkwan.
Annika
Jun 8th, 2006, 12:02 AM

Yes, it is a mess. The login/password feature is hosed in a couple of ways. I did the conversion of my login from the old to new site but could never actually log in. Had to buy the ticket as a guest, entering in all my info (instead of having it filled from my profile).

Too bad they changed because the old usair.com had a pretty good search feature.
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:12 AM
Original Poster

Yes it did. I always used their search engine for flights. Hope they figure this new site out soon.

< Had to buy the ticket as a guest, entering in all my info (instead of having it filled from my profile).>

You're quite clever. I never thought of that.
Jun 8th, 2006, 03:13 AM

I just got an email from my USAir Visa card saying that during conversion to new improved USAir.com they would be unable to credit my dollars/miles until 6/30 and that when I signed on I would have to create a new profile.

That is not a problem, but I just tried to check my current FF miles balance and they do not recognize me at all. Fortunately, I am not going anywhere soon.
Jun 9th, 2006, 07:39 PM

In case anyone is planning to redeem USAir miles in the next few weeks:

"A Special Notice for USAir Visa Cardholders" by email today: "We're in the process of finalizing the new Dividend Miles program so get ready for a new world of benefits! During this transition, you may encounter times when particular services and account information are not available.
As part of the transition, from May 17 through June 30, any miles you earn with Bank of America® Visa® cards cannot be viewed and will not be included in your Dividend Miles statement although they will appear in your Bank of America account statement.
You will be earning miles on your purchases during this time, however, you will not be able to access them for redemption until June 30. We apologize for any inconvenience and will keep you posted if there are any updates.
We're working hard to make the transition to the new Dividend Miles program as seamless as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
Sincerely,

D_____ B________
Director, Partnership Marketing"
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Finally! Success at log in. It appears they have made some repairs to the site.
Annika
Jun 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
emd

My America West FF miles are not being reflected on the US AIR site w/my divedend miles. I thought the site said it was supposed to be done by June 5, but it is not done yet. Anyone know anything about that, when our Am West miles are supposed to be merged?
Jun 11th, 2006, 08:28 PM

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks the new site is not easy to use.

Also, are they or are they not going to continue e-savers?
Jun 11th, 2006, 11:48 PM

The new website has not affected my AW FF miles or ability to access them. I haven't tried to redeem them, but if you have a problem I have been told that you can use the phone and they will not charge you for the service while they are getting the bugs out of the system.
8-)
Jun 12th, 2006, 04:13 AM
emd

DId your America West miles show up as US AIR dividend miles on the new website? Were you able to tell from your online account summary how many Am West miles had been transferred over?
Jun 12th, 2006, 02:14 PM

Yes, my America West miles now show up as Dividend Miles. All of the miles are from AWA as I didn't have any USAir miles.
8-)
Jun 12th, 2006, 07:43 PM

When I used the e-checkin for the ticket I bought I was given the option of upgrading for $50. I clicked the option and entered my cc info again for the upgrade purchase. The site then replied that there were no more first class seats available.

A day or two after the trip I saw the upgrade charge on my credit card. Gave them two more days to fix it, but no, so I called. The USAir person said that the charge would not have gotten reversed if I hadn't called. She further explained that if I had waited much longer that they would not have been able to find any record that would confirm that a mistake had been made. If I hadn't checked online and had waited for a paper statement I might not have seen it soon enough to get it reversed over the phone. I assume that my economy class boarding pass would have been enough to eventually get it fixed. Yet another reason to keep your boarding pass and receipt after the trip.
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:35 AM

I have checked 4 other FF accounts in my family and friends that are AWA FFers. All are just fine. I think part of the problem might be logging in with former USair acct #s, but I don't know. If you have trouble, just use the phone until it is straightened out.
8-)
Jun 13th, 2006, 12:41 AM

emd,

On some accounts the miles have already merged. I think that by the end of June all will be better.
8-)
Jun 13th, 2006, 01:52 AM
emd

ok jamaltay. I'll give it til end of June. I am not looking forward to hassling w/US AIR about this, so i hoe it gets posted, because all I have there now is my US AIR Dividend miles-- no Am West miles are showing up and I had a lot of those.

Has anyone noticed how high the fares are now for any of the the America West routes? Yesterday I tried to book a flight nonstop from Reagan Natl. to Phoenix, a route that I never paid more than $500 for even at Christmas time on Am West, and US AIR wants $700 for it now! In late July, going to Phoenix! Many times I had gotten that route for $228 to $300 on Am West. I guess those days are over.
Jun 13th, 2006, 02:12 PM

It's not just AW: A lot of the long haul routes have gone out of sight. Wait 'til people start booking for the holidays -- you'll be able to hear the howls from coast to coast.
Jun 14th, 2006, 04:50 AM
emd

When I signed up for the no fee in 1st yr US AIR Mastercard a few months ago, I was lucky enough to get a certificate for $99 companion fare (up to 2 companions) if I spend $250 on a US AIR flight. I am gald to have the certificate, as it is the only way my family can afford to go back to Sedona this yr. We usually go there twice a yr to hike, but w/those airfares for 4 of us, no way.
Jun 16th, 2006, 05:40 AM

Has anyone been able to search for Award Tickets? Every time I try any desination, I get a "this portion of our site is temporarily unavailable" error message. Been going on for a couple weeks now.