Search

AA 767-300

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Karl

AA 767-300

I'm thinking about flying to London from St. Louis and then Paris to Dallas on American next year. Both flights use a Boeing 767-300. Does anyone know (I know it's silly) if these planes have the personal tv in each seat in coach? I have a 12 year old daughter and it makes the flight easier (ok for me too!!) I have taken the 777 before but it is not available.<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 05:19 PM
Cass

If you go to www.aa.com and go to their seating charts, you can find the 767-300 chart, which shows that there are video screens placed at certain points throughout the cabin. From this I would deduce that they don't have individual TVs at each seat.<BR><BR>Sorry. It is a very long flight. Is there such a thing as a personal DVD player?

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 05:38 AM
d

http://www.seatguru.com/<BR><BR>Give this a try for information.<BR><BR>BTW - AA 763 does not have personal in seat videos in coach. The 777 does though.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 06:33 AM
Karl

Cass &amp; d<BR><BR>Thank you for your replies. I did go to the seatguru website. It does confirm that the 767 does not have personal tv's. Oh well, we have done it before on British Air without them a couple of times. <BR><BR>Thanks again for the replies.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:14 AM
Keith

Yes Cass, there are personal DVD players available. In fact they offer them for rent at the Minneapolis airport.<BR><BR> Keith

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 04:25 AM
BTilke

I flew biz class from Frankfurt to Chicago and back on AA in a 767-300 (sometimes called a 763). They definitely do not have seatback video systems, in coach or any other class. In biz, they give you a personal DVD player with a kit of about 20 DVDs (quite a good selection). However, on my flight, the video system was not working, so the people in coach got no movies, no tv shows, etc. Just audio. I like the personal DVD except it does take a up a bit of room, you have to juggle things a big to find a place to put it during meal service, etc. And that's in the roomier biz section, bringing one in coach would be even more of a juggle.<BR>