Wonderful trip to Egypt.!

Oct 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Original Poster

Wonderful trip to Egypt.!

We recently returned from a wonderful independent trip to Egypt.

We were undecided whether to travel by ourselves with the assistance of a guide, or go on a tour. After reading the various postings by Fodorites, we contacted Ahmed at [email protected]. We worked out the itinerary (at short notice). Our trip worked out just as we planned. All the guides and drivers were punctual and courteous. Ahmed took care of everything - sightseeing as well as the cruise. He was a pleasure to deal with.

Of course the sights were spectacular. We are all familiar with the pyramids and famous temples, but when you actually see them, all of Egypt's history comes alive.

The Egyptians were warm and friendly. We walked along the streets and did not experience any problems, except when we tried to cross the street.The traffic is horrendous and makes New York streets look like cowpaths.

We were sorry to see the trip end. If we ever go to Egypt again, we would certainly contact Ahmed.
Oct 20th, 2008, 04:16 AM

Hi mollybee
I'm so glad you had a great trip. I've noted many warnings about the traffic in Cairo. As a former New Yorker, I will cross any streets with extreme caution when I go in January.
What did you think of the food? Any restaurant recommendations? Any tips or advice?
Once again, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the trip.
Oct 20th, 2008, 06:38 AM

Well Ahmed seems to be a popular guide... and obviously a good one.

Yes,I too have read many of mollybee's postings.

And if you want another good guide for Cairo and Alexandria..then
contact

Debbie Senters at [email protected]

No, really , my name is Percy not Debbie !!

Percy (I hope )
Oct 20th, 2008, 07:06 PM

mollybee - I am so glad you had a good trip! I love hearing positive stories, since there are still people afraid/unwilling to go to Egypt.

Yeah - the traffic is rather scary! I remember that there were many times that I just closed my eyes (note...I wasn't driving!) whenever I had to go into town - especially at night!

Just curious -what is your favorite memory/story from the trip? We always seemed to come back from trips with one particular incident/story/event/site that really stood out.
Oct 23rd, 2008, 05:22 AM

hello mollybee
Thanx for your report on your Egypt trip. We will be arriving in Cairo on the 14th Nov for a 10 day holiday which will include Cairo, Luxor, Aswan and a day trip to Abu Simbel. I will appreciate any advice you can give that will asssist us
Thanx a lot
Peter
[email protected]
Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:33 AM

Thanks Ahmed