Perfect Guides in Egypt

Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Original Poster

Perfect Guides in Egypt

When researching our recent journey to Egypt and Jordan The name "Ahmed Hamed Yousef "kept rising to the top. I chose 2 trip reports that contained the destinations, hotels, cruise ship etc that appealed to us.
Ahmed answered immediately and we worked through a few special requests, but most part I followed the information that I found at the library and compared this information with the two trip reports.
Ahmed was our guide in the Cairo area and arranged for a perfect guide in upper Egypt "Mohamed Mohamed"
Ahmed arranged, hotels, greeters,drivers cruise line, activities entry tickets, balloon ride at Luxor, which unfortunately was cancelled when an errant operator landed on the strip at the airport and consequently grounded all balloons until an investigation has been completely . Ahmed arranged for a cash refund which was presented upon our return to Cairo from upper Egypt.
We made the decision to go with Ahmed seven months before departure.A few weeks before we left we went over some of the special requests.
I am somewhat limited in what I can do, but keep up with the guides with the use folding stroller. and sit when necessary.
When we arrived at the airport in Cairo we were met by the efficient and knowledgable Raffik.
Unfortunately the stroller went missing during our stop over in London. Raffik helped us fill out the missing stroller report.
Ahmed welomed us by cell phone during our drive from the airport.
When the stroller remained missing during our stay in Cairo Ahmed arranged for a wheel chair which is more than I require, but in this instance, there was no other choice.

All of the tours, Falucca boat ride, light and sound show etc etc went smoothly, with Raffik involved in several of these activities. I had expressed an interest in and had researched "Cartouches" the "calling cards" of the Pharos etc.
Ahmed helped us find a perfect place for these as well as an introduction to DR Rambo for lotus perfume made with natural bossoms, as well as one small papayrus for my husband's office as well as a black and white print of a pyramid.. This was the only shopping requested and non other suggested.
We found that Raffik had spent a great deal of time at the airport and finally when we arrived with our passports came smiling toward us with the errant stroller.
If it had not been for Ahmed and Raffik's tenacity my journey would have been extremely difficult, if not impossible.

We were disappointed that the "Old Cataract Hotel "in Aswan was closed for renovation ,
Our "Perfect Guide" Mohamed Mohamed spent the next 6 days with us.
When researching I found that some people found the flight to Abu Simbel a bit complicated so we opted to travelling by van with Mohamed and driver. We joined a convoy. The journey was a bit long, but worth it, It was my husband's favorite destination
We were very happy with the Cruise boat "Sonesta St George," friendly, helpful service, ambiance etc etc.
My husband was pleasantly surprised by a rousing birthday song, percussion and cake all arranged by Ahmed per my request.
Mohamed met us at reception each day, fully prepared to guide us on each excursion from the boat/ Karnak/ Luxor/ Valley of the Kings/ Queens etc etc.
Ahmed had kept in touch and called us on the cell phone on our way from the airport and decided to see us at the Hotel to bid us Farewell
Ahmed also organized our short trip to Jordan and had kept in close contact with the guide there to ensure that I had some way to get down to the Treasury portion of Petra.
Our guide, Bashar helped us every step of the way as well as introducing us to local food and music at a charming cafe close to our hotel.
Thank you Ahmed and all of your associates for helping to make our journey more than memorable.
Apr 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM

Ahmed and Bashar - the perfect combo for Egypt/Jordan - so glad you had a great time!
Apr 3rd, 2009, 01:23 PM

Hi sheenaghp

We are leaving May 1 for trip to Egypt with Ahmed. Great to hear everything was as you expected.

godin.
May 4th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Your trip report is wonderful. Just what I would wish. It sounds as though there were just two of you on the trip, which is how we will be traveling. Was the cost for Ahmed's services and the private guides far more expensive than the group tours? How did you travel from Cairo to the Aswan area and back?
May 27th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Hi nancythenice/ Sorry for the delay, my computer was out of service. Ahmed provides perfect individualized service, the extra cost was worth it and the only way we could have experienced this amazing journey.
We flew to Aswan/ joined a convoy in an airconditioned van with our guide to Abu Simbel and back/ boarded the cruise boat"Sonesta St George" continued along the Nile to Luxor, with stops along the way/ flew Luxor to Cairo/ Cairo to Amman Jordan/ all organized by Ahmed the "Prince of Egypt" and I am his "Queen"