Search

Eilat - where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eilat - where to stay?

I'd like to spend a relaxing few days in Eilat. I gather there are 3 areas to stay in: in town, North Beach, and Coral Beach. Can anyone tell me what the postives/negatives are of each are? A recommendation for a nice hotel that won't break the bank is also appreciated. Thanks!
Old Oct 24th, 2005, 09:40 AM
eri

There are actually more areas to stay in Eilat: 1. Coral Beach is about 5-10 min taxi drive towards the south, near the Egyptian border, some pretty nice hotels . This is a more isolated part of Eilat, far from the action. Positive - quieter, good beach, negative - distance. 2. The North Beach is where the main action is. Most of the big and fancy (and expensive) hotels are there. Also lots of restaurants and bars. Positive - right in the center of all activites, many fancy hotels, restaurants, shops. Negative - crowded, expensive. 3. The Lagoon area. Since the length of the beach is short, Eilat dug a lagoon so more hotels will be near the water. This area is adjacent to the North Beach and sometime is considered part of it. Positive - right by the North Beach, moderate priced hotels. 4. In town. Positive - most hotels inexpensive. Negative - all the rest.
I personally love Hotel Agamim. It is the most northern hotel, therefore located about 10 min walk from the beach. But the ground floor rooms have direct access from the room to the pool. They also have a private deck. We find it absolutely delightful and highly recommend this hotel. I found a review about this hotel in Tripadvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...mim-Eilat.html

This is the hotel's site:
http://www.isrotel.co.il/English/Con...age.asp?HID=13

Old Oct 24th, 2005, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Eri, thanks so much for this thorough, informative reply. I haven't been able to find a guidebook for Israel, other than a "Let's Go" (and I'm too old for that one). Seems strange that none of the big travel guides, including Fodor's are publishing anything recent on Israel. So I haven't read about the Lagoon area. I'll look into the Agamim.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM

Eri (or anybody else), there is a ClubMed place at Coral Beach, any info on that? I'm thinking of spending a few days just to relax after a tour.
Old Oct 29th, 2005, 01:23 AM
eri

I am not an expert on Club Med in Eilat. I know that it was closed for quite a while and reopened about a year ago. The location is across Coral Beach. If I am not mistaken you have to cross a bridge above the road to get to the beach. The port of Eilat (huge area used mainly for oil and export/import) lies between town of Eilat and and the Coral Beach. Eilat has an unusual number of taxis that can drive you in and from town.
If I remember correctly, this particular Club Med is not a typical one. It is located in one large building that used to be a hotel. Most of the guests are French.
Hope this little information helps.
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 02:07 PM

Oo-la-la!

Thank you, Eri!