Search

We're back from our Adventure!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're back from our Adventure!!

Hi Guys,

Well we arrived back home from Nairobi last night at midnight and I've just finished unpacking and gotten most of our stuff washed. Between that and collecting the dog from my Mums I haven't had a chance to say hello... so.... <b>'HELLO'</b>.

I am working on getting a trip report started and I will start sifting through our 2000+ photos as soon as I can.

Briefly, it was definately eventful with some unexpected happenings - Lynda, I think Kennedy gave you an idea of one of our unexpected 'incidents' but you'll have to wait for the trip report for more details

We LOVED the Masai Mara and had some AMAZING sightings. The Gorilla Treck was AWESOME and Lake Nakuru was definately worth the trip! We hugged and petted 'till we could pet no more and now we're back to the land of rain and a dog that wants our attention .

Now it's time to catch up on some of the posts I missed while I was away. Hope everyone has been keeping well.

PS - Darren are you reading?? Heard you had a hard time getting to pet the cheetah - what happened??

Imelda
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:54 AM

<b>welcome back</b>!

Well, with 2000+ pictures, I guess the camera worked ok! And how did you like the ballon ride?

<font color="green">Cyn</font>
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 09:57 AM

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear more details.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM

Hope it was all you wished! Sounds like it will be an interesting trip report!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Guys,

Cyn, I absolutely adore the FZ30 and even hubby, the technophobe, attempted to remove it from my grasp to take some lion shots - they turned out quite good in that auto setting I must add so he's pretty proud of them! It really is a fantastic camera and I really don't know how I managed without it before.
I hadn't told hubby about the balloon ride before we arrived in the Mara. He was delighted when I revealed the surprise. We were so glad we did it. It didn't feel high up off the ground at all and we were 800 feet, also I had no problem with the 'space' issue even though the flight was full. Only one downside - it wasn't long enough

Kimburu - It certailnly was all we could wish for and more - I even have hubby talking about where we should go <b>when</b> (!!!!) we go back to Africa!!!
Imelda
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 10:14 AM

Welcome back! Waiting for your report and the details of the unexpected events.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM

Welcome back! Welcome back! Welcome back!
Can't WAIT for the full report!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:00 PM

WELCOME BACK IMELDA!!!

I can't wait to hear all about it!

What happened with Darren? Did he get in to pet the cheetahs?
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:02 PM

Karibu nyumbani! Waiting for the report.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:19 PM

You are quick on the unpacking and washing. Commendable! Looking forward to the report, complete with unexpected incidents and happenings.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:39 PM

Who's Darren?
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 12:48 PM

I never think of Darren without thinking of Samantha but that's another story...

Welcome back, Imelda!!! I cannot wait to hear about your adventures (and misadventures?).
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:06 PM
sandi

Welcome back. All the planning and it's over way too soon.

Laundry! Good for you. Guess, then that the pics and trip report can't be too far behind.

Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM

Welcome back Imelda! Seems like you just left! Glad you had an enjoyable time and can't wait to hear all about it!
Dennis
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:19 PM
bat

Welcome back. Glad you enjoyed the balloon ride.
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 01:27 PM
Ile

Welcome back!
What you tell about your dog sounds very familiar
Can't wait to read your trip report!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM

Wow! I hate to say this but I can't believer you're back already. Are you sure you took a trip to Africa?
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM

Hi Imelda,

Glad to hear that you made it home safely! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. Kennedy told me that you had some funny incidents...

We were able to get in the cage and pet the cheetahs. Amazing experience! I think Kennedy was just a bit nervous while we were in there because the boss lady was working that day and evidently she doesn't really like visitors doing it. He was scared that she would notice what we were doing and cause some trouble. But we had plenty of time with the cheetahs and got lots of great photos and video. You had no problems? Did you get the tour of the orphanage with Robert?

We got back to San Francisco on Saturday night, but we spent Sunday looking through our photos and catching up on 3 weeks of &quot;So You Think You Can Dance&quot; on Tivo rather than unpacking and doing laundry. I want to write up a trip report, but it may take me a while to finish (I'm back at work today with 3 weeks worth of stuff piled on on my plate).

We had a great 2 days with Kennedy in Nairobi, loved our gorilla trek, and had an amazing time in Rwanda, on our 7 day Tanzanian safari and on Zanzibar! I'll try to get something written up as soon as I can, and you'll probably see me write a few replies until then...

Darren
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 05:34 PM

Ah ha! Welcome back, Darren. Looking forward to your report too!
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 05:46 PM

Welcome back, Imelda

Did you enjoy the little stove at Gorillas Nest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -