Search

Uganda reopens for tourists

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21st, 2020, 01:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uganda reopens for tourists

The Uganda government has today 20 Sep 2020 announced the reopening of all borders.

Entebbe International Airport in Uganda is now open to tourists and travellers. Tourists are welcome to travel to Uganda and will be required to:
1. Have certificate to confirm they are COVID19 negative. The test should be taken not more than 72 hrs before travel to Uganda.
2. Tourists will travel direct to their accommodation or destination, limiting contact.
3. Tour operators and hotels must continue maintaining the standard health safety measures to protect guests and staff.

There is NO quarantine for tourists coming into the country. National parks have been open for over a month and tourists can safely access them. Thankfully Uganda is not a mass tourism destination so social distancing is much easier in the parks.

Just one other step to get our lives back. Welcome to Uganda the Pearl of Africa.
Old Sep 24th, 2020, 12:04 PM

Very exciting - thanks for sharing!! Any word on Covid restrictions/policies for gorilla trekking in Uganda?
Old Sep 26th, 2020, 10:00 AM

Thank you for that. My father instilled in me a great desire to visit Uganda, both Kampala and the game parks. It was his favorite country in Africa; he traveled there in the 1960s. He always sppoke with a gleam in his eye about Murchison Falls. I hope to visit in the next few years. Good luck and good thoughts from the USA.