hotels in Jerusalem and Kiryat Shmona

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at the Prima Kings or the Prima Royale in Jerusalem? Also, where should we stay near Kiryat Shmona? Finally, is there a hotel to stay in near the airport?

Thanks
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 02:40 AM
eri

I don't know the Prima hotels in Jerusalem - so no opinion from me on that.
Kiriyat Shmona has no hotels.
You could stay either in the many B&Bs (zimmers) in the moshavim (farms) and kibbutzim in the area, or in B&Bs and hotels of Metula. Rosh Pina has loads of B&Bs and is also an excellent option.
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:09 PM

I had the opportunity to visit the Prima Kings in Jerusalem about two years ago. I was not staying there, but visited with someone who was. The public areas and the lobby are very nice and the location is excellent. However, the rooms they had were extremely shabby and worn out. Personally I don't think I would have care for staying there.

There is no hotel near the airport but you can always stay in Tel Aviv and get a taxi to the airport at any time.

As for the North, agree with eri, Rosh Pina is a fabulous small "boutique" town with marvelous (and expensive!!) boutique hotels, restaurants, old city, etc. If you give me some more info I may be able to recommend something specific for you there.
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:41 PM
eri

Sorry, I didn't notice the question about the airport. As Flame said, no hotel near BG Airport. You'll have to stay in Tel Aviv.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 04:08 AM

We stayed at the Kings about 2 years ago. While they might not be the most modern the rooms were comfortable and I would not class them as shabby. I did read somewhere that the Hotel was undergoing renovation around that time.
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 05:36 AM

We've stayed at the guest house of Kibbutz Kfar Giladi which is in Kiryat Shmona and also at the guest house of Kibbutz Hagoshirim. They're both quite nice with nice gounds where you can walk around. Always ask for a room with a view.
They both also have heated indoor pools which we enjoy. There are lots of tiyulim you can take from there (for ex. the Banyas,Zfat, Golan, Kazrin, Ben Tal, and more, and beautiful scenery). (If you're interested in kosher restaurants, look on the website:
www.eluna.co.il You can also get coupons for discounts at restaurants.) We love the Kiryat Shmona area.
MarciaR
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 12:33 PM
eri

Just a tiny correction, Marcia. Kibbutz kfar Giladi is not in Kiriyat Shemona but close to town. No kibbutz is "in" town.
Old Nov 15th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your great ideas about places near Kiryat Shmona. What hotels for under $200 would you recommend in Jerusalem? Thanks.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 04:05 AM

If you are looking for economical lodging near Kiryat Shmona - check out the youth hostel at Tel Hai. http://www.iyha.org.il/eng/Index.asp...ryID=65&Page=1

It is a few minutes out of Kiryat Shmona and I can recommend it - I've stayed there a few times - nice rooms, well kept, mini fridge, kettle, TV, private shower, etc. for each room.

Regarding the airport - there are no hotels at the airport, as others have mentioned. However, there is no real benefit to staying in Tel Aviv, unless you are there. If you are ending your trip in Jerusalem, you can get to the airport from Jerusalem just as easily and more economically. There is a sherut service from Jerusalem to the the airport and the travel time is only about 15 minutes longer than from Tel Aviv.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 05:49 AM

When we were in Jerusalem we stayed at the Dan Panorama, great location and a very nice hotel. We walked to the old city and always noticed the Eldan Hotel which is in a great location, across the street from the King David. When I retrun to Jerusalem, it is a hotel I would consider staying in.
Old Mar 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM

Not that it's bad to add new information (there's so little on Israel here!) but I'm not sure if alan43 and Oreet noticed that the original question is from 2007
Old Mar 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Thanks AlexA, my wife always says I live in the past. I hadn't noticed truthfully.