last time there was 33 years ago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my husband and i (who met working together on a kibbutz in the 70's) are returning to israel for the occaision of a relative's wedding. we will be there for 2 weeks, and visiting in tel-aviv, jerusalem, cesaria, and tiberias. we plan to take some day trips with relatives. my question for the forum is regarding accomodations. i hesitate to look for room rentals in homes as i have a severe cat allergy. any suggestions for hotels in those areas that offer cleanliness, quiet, and business level amenities?
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM

Well, I wasn't in Israel 33 years ago, but it has changed a lot over even 10 or 15 years! Jerusalem and Tel Aviv certainly have several high end business hotels--Hilton, Intercontinental etc. Prices are pretty high like other big cities of the world--$300-400 per night. Caesarea only has one hotel(Dan), as far as I remember, but it is only about an hour from Tel Aviv so you may not need to change hotels. I don't think the quality and amenities of hotels in Tiberias would be at the same level as Jerusalem or Tel Aviv
Old Sep 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Original Poster

thanks for your response. any suggestions for a hotel in eilat that does not cater to families?
Old Sep 15th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Eli

Do some "RYO", at www.hrs.com . I always use it for our European vacations, but apparently it got some nice suggestions for Eilat too.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM

Hi
We stayed at the Melody Hotel last year in Tel Aviv. Good location, very nice hotel within walking distance of the Old Port area thats being revitalized with shops and restaurants.We are staying there again his year. Caesaria still has only the Dan. We stayed there last year and it was very nice. Tiberius was not up to Tel Aviv standars but we found Moriah Gardens Hotel. It was being renovated at the time and was perfectly acceptable. In Jerusalem we stayed at the Dan Jerusalem. Great location, very good hotel, around the corner from the King David and a short walk to Old City.
This year we've booked into the Dan Eilat so I can't critique it yet. On returning from Petra, we booked into the Nova Hotel, this hotel I suspect caters to families as it is studios and suites. We could not make the additional arrangement at the Dan. Enjoy your trip back.