Traveling to India with a one-day stopover in Dubai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2024, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling to India from the US in December of this year, and would like to have a one day excursion in Dubai. What is the best way to arrange that? This is my first time flying this far internationally. Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rajsgirl81
We are traveling to India from the US in December of this year, and would like to have a one day excursion in Dubai. What is the best way to arrange that? This is my first time flying this far internationally. Thanks for any help.
Do you plan an online overnight stay at a hotel or is it a longish layover?
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 06:21 AM
Original Poster

Most likely an overnight stay.
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 06:29 AM

Most likely an overnight stay.
Try going to the top of the Burg al Khalifa which is the tallest building in the world and has spectacular views. Book ahead to be sure to get a chance and see the mall it is in.

The old gold souk or market is amazing too.

Many people like a jaunt into the desert on a dune buggy or SUV. The concierge at your hotel can arrange this for you. Again, though, I would look to book ahead as you only have one day.

Old Jan 25th, 2024, 01:39 PM

When you say "stopover," do you mean you're buying one ticket that has a long built-in layover in Dubai or buying two separate tickets? Obviously you'll have more flexibility with the latter, but the former may be cheaper. Obviously, carefully check the flight times to figure out how much time you'll *really* have in Dubai. For example, if you land in the evening and have a 4:15pm flight the next day, you may think you have a full day to spend in Dubai, but then you realize that you'll have to leave for the airport at like 12:30 or 1pm and that you'll be super tired from the flight / jet lag, so your "full day" is really only a few hours to see stuff in Dubai.
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jacketwatch
Try going to the top of the Burg al Khalifa which is the tallest building in the world and has spectacular views. Book ahead to be sure to get a chance and see the mall it is in.

The old gold souk or market is amazing too.

Many people like a jaunt into the desert on a dune buggy or SUV. The concierge at your hotel can arrange this for you. Again, though, I would look to book ahead as you only have one day.
Thank you for your reply. We plan to visit the Burj Khalifa (our main reason for stopping there).
Old Jan 26th, 2024, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
When you say "stopover," do you mean you're buying one ticket that has a long built-in layover in Dubai or buying two separate tickets? Obviously you'll have more flexibility with the latter, but the former may be cheaper. Obviously, carefully check the flight times to figure out how much time you'll *really* have in Dubai. For example, if you land in the evening and have a 4:15pm flight the next day, you may think you have a full day to spend in Dubai, but then you realize that you'll have to leave for the airport at like 12:30 or 1pm and that you'll be super tired from the flight / jet lag, so your "full day" is really only a few hours to see stuff in Dubai.
I’m looking for anyone with experience doing this. Our main reason for stopping over is to see the Burj Khalifa. I don’t want to have to book two separate tickets but it seems that’s what we’ll have to do. Looking for suggestions on the best/least expensive way to accomplish this. Most likely though, we’ll have to book two tickets.
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 09:04 AM

I’m looking for anyone with experience doing this. Our main reason for stopping over is to see the Burj Khalifa. I don’t want to have to book two separate tickets but it seems that’s what we’ll have to do. Looking for suggestions on the best/least expensive way to accomplish this. Most likely though, we’ll have to book two tickets.
I just went to a website called ITA matrix. Put in multi destination throughout. As you’re leaving from the US, I put in Chicago though I don’t know where you’re leaving from. I put in Chicago to Dubai, Dubai to Delhi, and back to Chicago for dates in December. got a great price of about 1100 bucks. This was on Emirates by the way.

I just checked on the actual Emirates website. The price I got was $1305. I think it depends on the connections you take but that’s still very reasonable rate. I put in departure from Chicago December 5 to Dubai, two days in Dubai, then on the seventh and return to Chicago on the 21st. December.
Spoiler

Last edited by jacketwatch; Jan 27th, 2024 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jan 27th, 2024, 09:10 AM

One option is to buy a multi stop ticket. Dubai based airline Emirates is probably the best choice. You fly from the U.S. to Dubai and continue to India with the same airline one or two days later.

To visit the top of Burj Khalifa I also advise you to buy tickets in advance. The tickets can be sold out. It is easy to travel around in Dubai by Metro. The Metro runs from the airport and stops at Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, close to other top sights such as the Gold Souk, the Spice Souk and Dubai Marina. To get from the airport to Burj Khalifa you need to change metro line once.
Old Jan 28th, 2024, 07:50 AM

It'll probably be cheapest on one ticket. You can use Google Flights to search prices from your home airport to wherever you're going in India, and select "connecting airports" as Dubai ONLY. Look at everything that's available and see if the flights with long layovers are suitable.
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for the info!
Old Jan 29th, 2024, 06:17 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
It'll probably be cheapest on one ticket. You can use Google Flights to search prices from your home airport to wherever you're going in India, and select "connecting airports" as Dubai ONLY. Look at everything that's available and see if the flights with long layovers are suitable.
Thank you! I’ll check that out.