Search

tour in africa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tour in africa

does anybody have information or experience on a tour through africa? i am looking at a one week tour maybe over christmas break or spring break...or maybe even a month in the summer. i am a college student and on a budget! thanks for all the help in advance!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 05:04 AM

KT,
You have asked a challenging queation to answer.
due to the sheer enormity of Africa a trans African safari would not be possible in a week or a month.

So you will need to narrow down your search to a couple of countries instead. If you are after an inexpensive week to month long break and if it is the wildlife element tha appeals to you, I wouls duggest that you research an East African safari.

Should you desire a holiday with greater variety and NOT just a wildlife experience then I would suggest that you look into a southern Africa trip. Here however I do believe that you will not get the same values as east Africa, however I would be pleased to learn if I am wrong.

Hope that helps you get started,
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

i should have reworded my original question. i meant IN africa, not THROUGH africa. i would like to go to one country and know the place. sorry!
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:27 AM

It's true one word can change everything.
Suggest you look into a Kenyan overland trip.
2afrika.com has some nice journeys that are inexpensive. I notice that the SA/Botswana trips are well priced too.

If that is still on the high side, may I suggets that you get closer to sourse and speak with companies such as: whichway adventures & drifters, both based in SA offering southern african adventures.

they are what are known as particpative journeys where you get involved in the cooking cleaning etc of camping.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:29 AM
africnow

For a camping tour that is not participatory, but still budget and balances cultural experiences with animal viewing I suggest you look at IntoAfrica http://www.intoafrica.co.uk/index.htm, AfricAdventure http://www.africadventure.net/index.htm and Mount Safaris http://www.mountsafaris.com/

I received very good recommendations for IntoAfrica both here and on other travel forums. Will be travelling with them next month.

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:34 AM

africnow - do you have to keep rubbing it in? ;-)
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:41 AM

Ktravel1122,
Have a look at the safaris of Nairobi Backpackers:
http://www.nairobibackpackers.com/html/aadventures.html
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 01:52 PM
africnow

LOL Matt - I'm so excited that I don't know if I'll survive till depature date

Old Oct 18th, 2006, 06:25 AM

Hello, sorry for the intrusion. In this post AfricNow mentioned africadventure.net. I just wanted to clarify that we are now operating as Zed&Away (www.zedaway.com). AfricAdventure focused mostly on Uganda, but we are now offering several countries in Africa, including safaris, sport holidays, volunteer work, etc. Thanks, Ivan