Search

Website to download pics.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Website to download pics.

Help - I'm getting frustrated by the minute, as it seems like I can only upload one picture at a time on kodakgallery. I don't remember having to fuss this much the last time I used them.
Is loading one picture at a time the only way, as I am far too impatient for this.
If that's it, can someone recommend an alternative website that's user friendly, doesn't cost much (free is better) and where pictures can be viewed on a decent sized screen in a slideshow format.
Thanks ahead.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM

Odd that I just commented about pictures on your report.

You should be able to upload many photos at a time on Kodak share. When you get to the browse part can't you just select many?

I think I've held down the Ctrl key and then clicked with my mouse on the ones I've wanted to select a bunch.

Another way is I've held down the Shift and clicked on the first and last photo of a consecutive string to select many.

Maybe you've done this. My most recent upload was within the last 2 weeks and it was ok then.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM

Received 17 Likes on 1 Post
I like pbase. It is $23 per year but it's worth it. Here's a link to the pricing page http://www.pbase.com/pricing.html

It's easy to upload pictures. The "expanded view" in the upload section allows you to upload 20+ pictures at a time and it's still quick if the pictures aren't too big. You can look at the pictures in a slideshow. And I think the dark background makes the pictures pop.

Here are some bear pictures I took a couple of weeks ago in B.C, Canada.
http://www.pbase.com/cjw/spirit_bears
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 09:45 AM

I just tried it now on a Kodak Gallery practice album and was able to first browse for multiple pictures, then upload them. The uploading can take a couple of minutes per photo, but the process doesn't need your attention.

After browsing and selecting several photos, if I wanted to go back and add more, then I clicked Add Photos. Once all were added, then click the upload button.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 09:54 AM

I'll second pbase Sherry, I love it. It is free for a while, but if you want your pictures to stay put, as sundownder says, it's cheap, and fast to upload.

Sundowner, you were here in BC and didn't stop in for dinner on the deck with us???????

Old Oct 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Lynda - I have such a bad memory that I don't remember things until I'm reminded. Sorry! I now remember that you're there and I remember seeing pictures of a GTG on your deck, right? I wasn't anywhere for long. I flew into Prince Rupert and it was a long day (San Antonio, Denver, Calgary, Vancouver, Prince Rupert). Early the next morning we flew to Hartley Bay (float plane) and then boarded a sailboat for 8 days. The sailboat dropped us off in Bella Bella (not much better than Hartley Bay) and we flew to Vancouver, spent the night and caught a 6am flight home. The time spent on the boat was pretty que sera, sera but getting there and home was pretty rushed. Beautiful, beautiful country up there.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM

I have also been using PBase and have been happy with it, but as I type this I am in the process of shifting over to Zenfolio. Both offer presentation formats and backgrounds that are superior to Kodak and both also allow you to see the Exif data on photos.

I am making the switch because I thought Zenfolio and PBase were comparable in presentation options, but I can also order prints on Zenfolio which you can't on Pbase and I also think the upload system on Zenfolio is a more advanced,faster and easier interface. 1GB of space is $25/year and unlimited space $40/year.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM

I use Picasa2, (sponsored by google) it's a free download and I load MANY at one time.It will store every picture on your computer. You can also edit, name, email to friends, categorize, order prints etc. I found Kodak too much trying to "sell" and I don't like the idea of having to log-in and give an email address. I also like to make the Picasa web albums where it's a larger full screen view.

This is the free download for picasa2:
http://picasa.google.com/thanks.html
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Hi Cybor,

I'll second Picasa - its so easy to use, has good editing functions and is free from Google.

Cheers,

Pol.
Old Oct 5th, 2008, 03:43 PM

I use Picasa too - but does anyone know of a website where you can integrate video and still pictures? as well as adding in captions and a music background? (I'm very willing to pay a fee for this)
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 03:51 AM

In the Picasa Terms of Service http://google.com/accounts/TOS?hl=en_US , I didn't like #11. 11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

11.2 You agree that this licence includes a right for Google to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals with whom Google has relationships for the provision of syndicated services, and to use such Content in connection with the provision of those services.

11.3 You understand that Google, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users, may (a) transmit or distribute your Content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this licence shall permit Google to take these actions.

11.4 You confirm and warrant to Google that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above licence.

Old Oct 6th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Update;
I was able to figure out the downloading kodak glitch by retracing my past steps.

The problem apparently was that Firefox would only allow one pic. at a time uploading whereas Explorer allowed multi-pics. - go figure.

The other listed sites do look much better and I will investigate. Anyone know if any of those sites can take tiffs?

Thanks
Sherry
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Jed

Picasa or worldisround.com
Old Oct 6th, 2008, 08:04 AM

Hi,
I really like Zenfolio. You can present you trips/collections in various ways. Even, sell right from the website.
Have Fun.

Keri