Taking my Grandson to Morocco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a senior planning a special trip with my 13 year old grandson (his first international trip) and have chosen 10 days in Morocco end of Dec. early Jan., with an all-inclusive tour company....beach, mountains, desert, camels etc. What do you think ?? Any special advice ?
I wanted to go somewhere that I've never been, would be exciting for him and was priced right. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Hello bmetz,

Sounds like a wonderful trip. And I have opted to take my grandson on his first international trip on safari to Kenya, when he turns 8 1/2 (next year). Perhaps you will get additional useful information from the Fodorites, but Morocco may not be too warm for the beach in Dec./early Jan. Don't mean to influence you in any way, just thought you should know the weather factor for that time of the year.

Happy planning! Sounds positively grand!
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 01:26 PM

What a lucky grandson.

Have to agree with bushperson - Dec/Jan can be quite cold for the beach and expect cold and even snow at higher altitudes when in the mountain. Likewise, if planning to overnight in the desert expect cold nights and early mornings.

Be prepared with appropriate clothing - layering is best - even scarf, gloves and caps.
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 01:07 AM

Hello,
I am sure this trip sounds very interesting and important for your grandson. I recommend you this tour company www.transport-tifinagh.com
Cheers
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Hi Brnetz,
What a lucky grandson! I have taken my grandsons on several international trips, starting when the older one was 10 and the younger one was 6.
They are fantastic travelers. Most kids will be the best ambassadors and open more cultural doors in other countries than you could yourself.
We have not been to Morocco, yet, but have heard nothing but raves from others who have gone there.
Hopefully you have already checked with your travel doctor about any vaccines or meds you should take with you.
Have fun, enjoy the time with your "young man" and please post a trip report when you return.
Old Jan 2nd, 2009, 10:53 AM

you have to go on a camel safari into the Sahara desert. It is an unforgettable experience that your 13 year-old grandson will absolutely love. We had a great experience with Berbere Space (www.berberespace.com). Hassane was a terrific guide and took great care of us. We only went for one night, but wish we had spent 2 to 3 days.