Search

Morocco in December?

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morocco in December?

My husband and I, along with 2 other couples, are exploring the idea of visiting Morocco over Christmas/New Year's. I have started doing some preliminary research but none of us are very familiar with this country. Would love to hear general and/or specific advice.

Any thoughts on what the weather is like during this time? Is it very rainy? We'll have about 12 days or so and want to see as much as we can.

Thank you!
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:58 AM

There are answers to your questions on this site. Do a search for "Morocco" (without the quotes, of course). Jenmaroc posted a response about the weather in different areas of the country at different times a while ago. Try typing her name in the "Search" box.
Old May 28th, 2006, 12:03 PM

I was there in early January this year. The weather was mixed but it only rained once and it wasn't very heavy. During the day it ranged from being very warm if you could find a sheltered spot out of the wind to the sort of weather where you would be comfortable walking around in a light sweater. Worth taking a wrap or coat though as it did get cold at nights. The only exception to this was up in the Atlas Mountains, where naturally it got much colder as we got higher and there was quite a lot of snow and ice. Would recommend the tour guy we used who is called Mark Willenbrock at a company called Mad About Morocco - very knowledgeable about everything from architecture and culture to restaurants to suitable itineries. The country also seems to be a lot less busy around Dec/Jan
Old May 28th, 2006, 04:31 PM

we were also there in january of 2000. the weather turned out to be very nice, highs in the mid 60s, but their one snowstorm of the winter occured while we were "over the atlas" and we were not sure if we could get back or not. i would not drive anytime in morocco although some folks do. beware of black ice at high elevations in the atlas. also, the french seem to like to come for the new years, so ask if it would be crowded.
Bonnie
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:08 AM

There is a whole trip journal available from a [email protected] that you might like to check out. I found it on this site...actually it was her first posting and if you were intersted she put you on her mailing list for her journal. It was interesting and she was there in late winter or early Spring if I recall.