Search

Ngala Safari Camp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ngala Safari Camp

We have had the Ngala safari camp suggested to us by CC Africa. Has anyone stayed there - good or bad? Thanks.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 02:27 PM

Hi Kirby,

I stayed at Ngala Tented Camp on one of my trips to South Africa. It was a great experience -- very different from other lodges I've stayed at in South Africa.

The tents are huge and very luxurious -- built on raised polished wooden platforms with full baths and indoor and outdoor showers -- so you never get flashbacks to your scouting days. Being under canvas in the bush really brings the wild in 'wilderness' home to you. You feel much closer to the environment than you do in a lodge.

Game viewing at Ngala was very good -- I saw an African wild cat with a kitten on my first game drive, and also had the opportunity to see Ngala's resident pack of wild dogs (wild dog sightings are very rare in the Kruger area). I also followed lions on the hunt, and witnessed the bizarre slow-motion combat of two male necking giraffes. Antelope were plentiful and easily spotted.

Cheers,
Julian
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Julian. I understand that there is a Ngala tented camp and a Ngala chalet camp - did you get a chance to see the Ngala chalet camp?
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 03:31 AM

Hello Kirby,

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to visit both camps. The accommodation will be different, but both the lodge and the tented camp traverse the same area so you will have the same opportunities to see game at either camp. You can see pictures of both camps on CCA's website

http://www.ccafrica.com/reserve-1-id-2-7

If you want some candid (non-publicity) photos of the tented camp, feel free to email me and I can send them to you.

Cheers,
Julian
Old Feb 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM

Wild dog pack was fascinating at Ngala. We stayed at Tented Camp which is right on the Timbivati River and next to all the game. Those who stay in the lodge have to drive about 1/2 hour back to the lodge twice per day.

We relaxed and ate fabulous meals and swam in the lap pool instead of being in the Range Rover all the time as were those who had to trek back to the lodge.