Search

South African Airlines ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:52 PM
DE

South African Airlines ?

Would appreciate any comments on the quality of service etc. on this airline in First / Business class. Flying from London to SA in a few months.

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
De,<BR> I have a friend who flies with them continuously on first class and it is her airline of choice. I also flew with them but not in first class in nov 2002-it was excellent. Have a safe trip.
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:13 PM
DE

Thanks Patty,<BR>Sounds like a good airline. Looking forward to the trip. DE

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:39 PM

Hi De,<BR> Is this your first time?
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:42 PM
DE

Hi Patty, Yes it will a first trip to South Africa. Plan on spending about 3 weeks in SA, Bostwana and a few days in Namibia to see the desert region. Our tentative itinerary will hopefully include the following lodges and camps. It is in the process of being put together by a travel outfit.<BR><BR>In Botswana we hope to stay at Kings Pool,<BR>Mombo and Chobe Chilwero Lodge. In SA we plan on Singita Boulders and in Namibia we want to stay at Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp. Our hotels will be the Grace in Johannesburg and the Table Bay in Cape Town. Really looking forward to this trip and hope we have chosen good places for a safari experience with lots of wildlife and comfortable accommodations.

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:57 PM

Hello De,<BR> I left you a message on your other posting. It sounds great. I spent close to 5 weeks in SA &amp; zimbabwe &amp; it wasn't nearly enough. I would go back in a New York city minute. Which tour company are you using? <BR>Regards, Patricia
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:29 AM

When are you leaving - we will be at Singita and Mombo in July
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:22 AM
DE

The company is Wild African Ventures and we will hopefully be in Africa late June &amp; July as these are supposed to be some of the drier months.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 08:25 AM
rhtt

As fall-back, consider Cape Grace in CT, and if you're thinking of Mombo, better reserve ASAP!!!<BR><BR>SAA in business and first are good, I'm told. Economy = cattle, I'm afraid.

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 12:06 PM
LizFrazier

Hello DE-<BR>My husband and I flew on business class from the US to J'burg in l999. I would either go coach or first but bypass business, here's why. They changed all of the seats and made it so the armrest is fixed. It cannot be moved. Although the seats are a bit larger, you are stuck. Those in coach headed for the back of the plane and got 2 or 3 seats together and they could put the armrests up and stretch out.<BR>Our food was better, we had movies and excellent service, but you sleep most of the time and I couldn't sleep like that so I sat up and watched movies all night. I won't do it again. I was envious of the coach class. We went in August and the plane was pretty full, but you can still get extra seats in the back if you book there. Good luck. Liz <BR>

Old Mar 24th, 2003, 03:35 PM
DE

Thanks Liz,<BR><BR>We will be flying Business to Europe on another airline and then transfer to SAA with First Class to J'burg. Tickets have been tentatively reserved for now, until final itinerary confirmation from our agent. <BR><BR>For rhht,<BR>Our agent has just given us dates for Mombo so it looks like we will be fine. Thanks.